I was wondering if it was a weight issue. Iirc he mentioned having to cut “a lot of weight” for second day of weighing at u23 worlds. Granted that weight was 154, but- if I’m counting my fingers correct- that’s only 3 pounds less than tonight’s weight.No, Jeff said to give him more time to transition back to folk from free style and start his college career
Slick asfBlaze is feeling it
it's likely both. It's fine.I was wondering if it was a weight issue. Iirc he mentioned having to cut “a lot of weight” for second day of weighing at u23 worlds. Granted that weight was 154, but- if I’m counting my fingers correct- that’s only 3 pounds less than tonight’s weight.
I prefer this than Beaus 4-2 snoozers.I really want Nagao to be successful, but the chaos is just too much for me.
Already scored 4x Bartlett points141: #11 Aaron Nagao vs. Alex Braun
Period 1:
Of all weights this year 141 may have the most uncertainty. Nagao didn't compete last year & moved up from 133, so we'll see what we get. Here we go! Circling & tying up. Braun drives forward with an underhook. He gets to Nagao's legs. Nagao counters & gets the TD, 3-0. Nagao has Braun stretched out with double boots in. Stalemate & restart. Braun is still down. Nagao gets a boot in & then the other. He's got Braun bellied out on the mat. Nagao with lots of forward pressure & looking for a wrist. Braun passes a leg & is trying to square up. Nagao hangs on a leg & gets a warning. Braun gets to his feet, but Nagao takes him out. Riding time stopped when Nagao got the warning for offensive stalling. Braun grabs an ankle. Nagao pressures from top & gets a crab ride. Nagao is looking for points, but Braun adjusts & gets a reversal, 3-2. Nagao keeps working & gets his own reversal, 5-2. Nagao gets a boot in & tries to roll Braun back. Time expires.
Period 2:
Someone took neutral. I'm gonna guess it was Braun. Circling, hand fighting & tying up. Nagao reaches for a leg, but can't get there. Braun reaches, but no luck. Nagao shoots. Braun counters & comes behind for the TD, 5-5. Nagao counters & gets a reversal, 7-5. Out of bounds & restart. Braun is still down. Nagao gets both boots in & has Braun bellied out again. Nagao goes over 3-min of riding time & the period expires shortly after that. 7-5 Nagao +3:09 RT
Period 3:
Nagao takes takes down & Braun gives up the escape, 8-5. Circling & some head tapping, then tying up, 1-min left. Nagao drags & tries to come behind. Braun grabs a leg & is trying to fight it off. Stalemate & restart, or potentially dangerous. Back to neutral. Braun shoots. Nagao locks through the crotch. Stalemate & restart. Braun shoots at the end, but can't finish the TD.
Aaron Nagao DEC Alex Braun 8-5
Team Score:
PSU: 19-0
OU: 0
I'm gonna love having that in our lineup. We can afford to have a crazy sob like him this year. I don't care if he finishes 7th or 8th. I'm gonna prefer him over Beau driving me nuts all year not shooting and letting nobodies hang around till the end and just squeaking out the W. Many might disagree but that's cool...Nagao is a lot of fun, but damn, the chances he takes are batsh&t crazy.
And Aaron's wife doesn't suck as a person.I'm gonna love having that in our lineup. We can afford to have a crazy sob like him this year. I don't care if he finishes 7th or 8th. I'm gonna prefer him over Beau driving me nuts all year not shooting and letting nobodies hang around till the end and just squeaking out the W. Many might disagree but that's cool...
That might end up like a 25- 23 match. LolNagao versus Hardy is going to be one of the most interesting and wild matches of the year. Can't wait for that matchup
With 3 or 4 total takedowns. A classic last reversal winsThat might up like a 25- 23 match. Lol
Van Ness says hold my beerIt's Joe Sealy time!
BWI Football
Penn State's Five Guys: Which Nittany Lions are pivotal in taking down USC?
BWI Football
Matt Campbell: Penn State's problems - and solutions - require a 'global' approach
BWI Football
The issues with Penn State's struggling run game are clear; fixing them is a much more challenging task
BWI Football
Penn State Head Coach Matt Campbell Press Conference: USC
BWI Football
Koby Howard injury update: What is the latest on the Penn State receiver before USC?