Patrick Tape

dukiejay

Heisman
Mar 2, 2005
11,293
16,311
0
I hope so. I hope he makes me eat 10lbs of crow

There's nothing wrong with setting minimal expectations for the guy. I'm not sure any of us expect him to become a double-double guy. On paper, he fills a need. If he's able to become something of a Marshall Plumlee guy in 2015, then this was a very nice get. At minimum, he gives us size and depth at a position many of us were questioning.
 
  • Like
Reactions: skysdad and SwatX1
Dec 12, 2012
1,289
1,371
0
There's nothing wrong with setting minimal expectations for the guy. I'm not sure any of us expect him to become a double-double guy. On paper, he fills a need. If he's able to become something of a Marshall Plumlee guy in 2015, then this was a very nice get. At minimum, he gives us size and depth at a position many of us were questioning.

He adds another true center that is much needed. I love this move, however, I don't expect him to produce huge numbers.
 

DU

Redshirt
Apr 18, 2017
13
16
0
New poster here , long time reader decided to get an account today. Been a Duke fan since I was 10 and I am 40 now , first became a fan when Duke lost to UNLV in the tittle game in 1990, been a die hard ever since
After watching film on Patrick Tape , I am more excited for him than what I originally thought , I am optimistic that he can be more than just a role player next year and really contribute quality minutes.
Any way just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to the board , have always enjoyed reading.
 

PixelDevil

All-Conference
Dec 16, 2016
3,853
4,295
0
Btw, I’m seeing on Columbia’s site, that it’s Patrick Tapé. Does anyone know if that’s right?

Regardless, I think you guys should tapér your expectations.
 
  • Like
Reactions: dbav and Hurley22

skysdad

Heisman
Mar 3, 2006
42,753
22,653
0
New poster here , long time reader decided to get an account today. Been a Duke fan since I was 10 and I am 40 now , first became a fan when Duke lost to UNLV in the tittle game in 1990, been a die hard ever since
After watching film on Patrick Tape , I am more excited for him than what I originally thought , I am optimistic that he can be more than just a role player next year and really contribute quality minutes.
Any way just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to the board , have always enjoyed reading.


Welcome to the board and have fun. OFC
 

SwatX1

Heisman
Jan 4, 2011
8,341
10,583
68
New poster here , long time reader decided to get an account today. Been a Duke fan since I was 10 and I am 40 now , first became a fan when Duke lost to UNLV in the tittle game in 1990, been a die hard ever since
After watching film on Patrick Tape , I am more excited for him than what I originally thought , I am optimistic that he can be more than just a role player next year and really contribute quality minutes.
Any way just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to the board , have always enjoyed reading.


Welcome aboard
 

DukeNation12

Sophomore
Nov 14, 2017
183
167
0
Kid could be talented enough to start from day 1...K likes experience and Mark will probably start eventually but I wouldn’t be surprised if both have their fair shares of Starts at C this season. Good get by the staff!
 

df64

All-Conference
Feb 2, 2006
2,702
1,934
0
An average veteran center on a team that otherwise would have to rely on 2 freshman rated outside the top 30 is probably a huge get.
 

nets on nets on nets

All-American
Jun 4, 2015
4,162
5,515
113

ummm don’t have access to read, but what’s going on
I don't have access either, there is NOTHING else on twitter that goes into detail about this.
Could he have second thoughts if he knows Hurt is coming back??
Apparently there is a rumor that the NCAA is gonna allow any athlete to transfer (grad or not) and not have to sit out a year, it just hasn't been announced what year that goes into effect, maybe that has something to do with this??
 
  • Like
Reactions: Laettner15

Laettner15

All-Conference
Jan 25, 2016
1,948
2,113
0
I don't have access either, there is NOTHING else on twitter that goes into detail about this.
Could he have second thoughts if he knows Hurt is coming back??
Apparently there is a rumor that the NCAA is gonna allow any athlete to transfer (grad or not) and not have to sit out a year, it just hasn't been announced what year that goes into effect, maybe that has something to do with this??

No no exactly.. not trying to be a fire starter and it could be nothing.. just think from the title it’s interesting to read and there has to be a reason why.. he would get minutes here unless something is happening behind the scenes
 

cmkanb121314

Freshman
Mar 24, 2016
676
65
0
Athletic reporting academic issue that he didn’t know duke didn’t have his major or something. Still listed as committed they said.
 

Jake1985

Senior
Apr 7, 2002
29,769
955
0
Lots of questions...
Hurt coming back?... possibly
Carey coming back? ... doubtful
Coleman & Williams are adequate at the 5? ... maybe

One answer... Tape' won't be at Duke
 

Jake1985

Senior
Apr 7, 2002
29,769
955
0
It would be great if Kuminga would come to Duke, but there are no insiders that feel that Duke is even a player right now
 
Devils Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Duke emerges as the frontrunner for two 5-star recruits
  2. 02 Devils Illustrated Football Duke’s week off helped one wide receiver
  3. 03 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Colton Hiller or Yann Kamagate? Inside the 2028 Rivals150 race for No. 1
  4. 04 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Intel: The latest on 5-stars Beckham Black, DeMarcus Henry, and Cayden Daughtry
  5. 05 Devils Illustrated Football Blue Devils come out of off week with introspective look