Our Matchup Against Clemson

stormtrooper2001

All-Conference
Jan 12, 2018
595
1,387
93
I understand we had an off night passing and the mistakes yada yada yada.. but I'm feeling REALLY good about our matchup with Clemson right now. They have maybe their worst OL in school history and we have what maybe our best/deepest DL in school history. If we played today we would DOMINATE their OL and on top of it they have a freshman QB to navigate the mess up front. Their Defense would be on the field all day and our OL, which is definitely improved, and Run Game depth with 5 good backs would just wear them out. So we could have just as off of a day passing as last night and I would still feel good about winning the game.
 
  • Like
Reactions: usc_nc

Psycock

Joined Jan 20, 2001
Jan 29, 2022
1,161
1,290
113
Looking good for now. Will they rally against UNC or have 3 bad games in a row? If it`s the latter and they are 1-2(still could have a good record) will feel pretty optimistic. I hate to pull for UNC but no option.
 

Skuddy

All-Conference
Feb 23, 2022
1,949
3,995
113
I understand we had an off night passing and the mistakes yada yada yada.. but I'm feeling REALLY good about our matchup with Clemson right now. They have maybe their worst OL in school history and we have what maybe our best/deepest DL in school history. If we played today we would DOMINATE their OL and on top of it they have a freshman QB to navigate the mess up front. Their Defense would be on the field all day and our OL, which is definitely improved, and Run Game depth with 5 good backs would just wear them out. So we could have just as off of a day passing as last night and I would still feel good about winning the game.
I walked into dung valley in 1980 thinking the same thing.
 
Feb 8, 2022
152
201
43
Every team changes from week to week ... for the most part, 18-24 year olds who have studies (somewhat), girlfriends, life, etc., and we never know what the team will look like from one week to the next ... teams improve, injuries, and so much more! Focus on the next game on the schedule! Big test this Saturday with a very mobile QB and I am thankful this game is at WB ... for those in SC, be there and be loud! Go Gamecocks!!
 

92Pony

Joined Jan 18, 2011
Jan 18, 2011
2,944
7,155
113
If any team has a horseshoe implanted deeply enough, it's that team from the upstate. Watch, their Fr QB will come in and turn everything around. They will come into our game at 9-2 and handle us easily. (That's my kind of luck.)
 

adcoop

All-Conference
Jan 10, 2004
1,923
1,834
113
Looking good for now. Will they rally against UNC or have 3 bad games in a row? If it`s the latter and they are 1-2(still could have a good record) will feel pretty optimistic. I hate to pull for UNC but no option.
If Clemson plays like they did against Georgia Southern, they will lose to UNC. There aren't many Power 4 programs Clemson can beat playing this way. The only reason Clemson won this week is because Georgia Southern gave them too much respect and didn't open up their offense until late in the 4th Quarter. Georgia Southern kept throwing 2-3 yd. passes because I guess their coaches were concerned that their OL couldn't hold up in pass protection.
 
GamecockCentral

Latest

  1. 01 GamecockCentral Basketball South Carolina's lineups are set for SEC Tipoff '27
  2. 02 GamecockCentral Football South Carolina's defense is struggling. How do the Gamecocks plan to fix those issues?
  3. 03 GamecockCentral Football How a 60-year-old quote about Steve Spurrier explains South Carolina coach Shane Beamer's current situation
  4. 04 GamecockCentral Womens Basketball South Carolina women's basketball: A'ja Wilson claims her fifth MVP award
  5. 05 GamecockCentral Football All-time South Carolina great named SEC Legend