USAA base rates before dividends are consistently among the lowest in the business. It's a true non-profit, owned by the members. Their dividend is more like what other insurance companies pay to their stockholders than what other insurance companies pay as a policy dividend. This year, we got policy dividends monthly and an annual dividend at the end of the year.
Then they are a mutual company of what version casualty companies are. . An Stock company would be the one with participating. I do not know anything about USAA. They have good rates and it use to be better when they only allowed military officers. I am a veteran but it is not about price to me. It's about service and my company provides the best service. My parents have always been with them and I am with them. If my house is damaged they are there that day with a emergency check working the claim. If I wreck my car they are there the next day. If I have a accident with another person with insurance with the same company all deductible are waived. Just like everyone else I can down load a app to reduce my deductible. Everyone needs to go with who they like.
Last edited: