I am told it is a really delicious Portuguese place. Planning to go soon. For those familiar is it as good as I am hearing?
I am told it is a really delicious Portuguese place. Planning to go soon. For those familiar is it as good as I am hearing?
It’s very good. I often do takeout from there. It’s 4 operations in one: a liquor store, a takeout window, a casual restaurant and a fine dining restaurant.I am told it is a really delicious Portuguese place. Planning to go soon. For those familiar is it as good as I am hearing?
I hear you, and really do agree. But before the Rutgers-Seton Hall game last month, I ate at Spanish Tavern on McWhorter Street, and my buddy had a steak that looked and smelled Un. Bee. Leeve. A. Bull. — I was jealous. This guy — whose taste I trust — said it was as good as it looked, too. So maybe there’s hope for Newark steak lovers?I love Spanish /Portuguese restaurants, especially in Ironbound. But their steaks are usually not a Prime cut, and not the quality of the top end steak houses. I love those Spanish/Portuguese for their Paella's, lobsters and shrimps /scallop/fish dishes and appetizers, as well as veal and chicken. I haven't ordered steak at a Spanish/Poutugues restaurant in many years.
I think they’re gone.Manolo's does it for me whenever I'm in Elizabeth
Manolos permanently closed. We will either hit Valenca or Fernandez 2 in Sayreville which I know is Brazilian.
I hear you, and really do agree. But before the Rutgers-Seton Hall game last month, I ate at Spanish Tavern on McWhorter Street, and my buddy had a steak that looked and smelled Un. Bee. Leeve. A. Bull. — I was jealous. This guy — whose taste I trust — said it was as good as it looked, too. So maybe there’s hope for Newark steak lovers?
I love Spanish /Portuguese restaurants, especially in Ironbound. But their steaks are usually not a Prime cut, and not the quality of the top end steak houses. I love those Spanish/Portuguese for their Paella's, lobsters and shrimps /scallop/fish dishes and appetizers, as well as veal and chicken. I haven't ordered steak at a Spanish/Poutugues restaurant in many years.
Agreed. You go to Ironbound for sangria, chorizos, garlic shrimp, and paella. Goto NYC for Steak.
Sparks , and Peter Lugers still my 2 top favorites, but many others still great like Gallaghers', Old Homestead, Keenes and some others. Met a buddy at Keen'es recently, had a few Makers' Mark Old Fashions before an awesome Chateaubriand for 2 with bernaise sauce, and mushroom sides plus hash browns.
My mouth waters just thinking about it, lol
I think manalos closed.Manolo's does it for me whenever I'm in Elizabeth
Wolfgangs is in Somerville,no need to trek into City.I love Spanish /Portuguese restaurants, especially in Ironbound. But their steaks are usually not a Prime cut, and not the quality of the top end steak houses. I love those Spanish/Portuguese for their Paella's, lobsters and shrimps /scallop/fish dishes and appetizers, as well as veal and chicken. I haven't ordered steak at a Spanish/Poutugues restaurant in many years.
Agreed. You go to Ironbound for sangria, chorizos, garlic shrimp, and paella. Goto NYC for Steak.
Wolfgangs is in Somerville,no need to trek into City.
I love Spanish /Portuguese restaurants, especially in Ironbound. But their steaks are usually not a Prime cut, and not the quality of the top end steak houses. I love those Spanish/Portuguese for their Paella's, lobsters and shrimps /scallop/fish dishes and appetizers, as well as veal and chicken. I haven't ordered steak at a Spanish/Poutugues restaurant in many years.
went recently,seems like they changed waiters,all older,maybe brought in from city? Much better.I’ve eaten there. The service isn’t the same.
Oh man, how could I forget the suckling pig!?!At Valenca now..Da bestSuckling pig!!!
The Knight Report
Rutgers Basketball HC Brandin Knight's Villanova Postgame Press Conference
The Knight Report
Join The Knight Report TODAY and get it for 60% off!
The Knight Report
Rutgers Basketball falls to Villanova in its first scrimmage
The Knight Report
Rutgers vs Maryland odds: Point spread released on Scarlet Knights, Terrapins
The Knight Report Basketball
How to watch Rutgers / Villanova; Pregame Info, More: Gameday Central