OT: UVA Bennett - Retiring tomorrow

Ataylor1989x

All-Conference
Dec 11, 2015
2,209
2,355
0
Maybe he feels UVA will never win any NIL bidding wars. He seems like he’d be very good on TV.
 

bac2therac

Hall of Famer
Jul 30, 2001
251,459
180,699
113
why would he wait until the start of the season...that is letting alot of people down
 

fatsam98

Heisman
Mar 23, 2005
43,917
39,491
113
Watching his presser. He's bemoaning the current landscape and the lack of regulations.

He's very emotional, I feel bad that guys like this and Jay Wright are leaving the sport.
 

JerseyNoles

All-Conference
Jul 28, 2021
2,841
2,425
3
Watching his presser. He's bemoaning the current landscape and the lack of regulations.

He's very emotional, I feel bad that guys like this and Jay Wright are leaving the sport.
I don't feel bad for any of em
They're making a lot of money, and a lot have been cheating for years
Now that the playing field is more level, they don't want to deal with it

I like Bennett
But if UVA's NIL program was robust, would he really be bemoaning this, or would he be rolling his eyes, cashing paychecks and winning?
 

rufeelinit

All-Conference
May 16, 2010
12,647
4,351
0
I don't feel bad for any of em
They're making a lot of money, and a lot have been cheating for years
Now that the playing field is more level, they don't want to deal with it

I like Bennett
But if UVA's NIL program was robust, would he really be bemoaning this, or would he be rolling his eyes, cashing paychecks and winning?
I don't feel bad for them since the upward spiral of coaches salaries and huge buyouts contributed to this mess. But it is a mess and I appreciate his honesty in that he does not want to deal with this anymore. He has made his bag and has the security to walk away. Also while I maybe forgetting something, my sense is he ran a pretty clean program there. Never seemed like they were consistently getting top shelf recruits. He was system guy that emphasized defense over everything else. Probably why he had to find his type of player.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Plum Street

Mr. Magoo1

Heisman
Nov 15, 2001
15,583
16,507
113
UVA does work harder than Rutgers on defense. However, they are also more deliberate offensively than most teams, so some of their defensive numbers appear even better than they are.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BigRnj
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 The Knight Report Rutgers Football PFF Grades + Snap Counts versus Indiana
  2. 02 The Knight Report Join The Knight Report TODAY and get it for 60% off!
  3. 03 The Knight Report Football Hope or fool's gold? Curt Cignetti explains how Rutgers can replicate national champs
  4. 04 On3 Football Hot seat intel: Where things stand at South Carolina, TCU & more
  5. 05 The Knight Report Rutgers Football Postgame Show: Indiana Hoosiers Edition - TKR Pod