OT: UMD suspends Greek activities

NittPicker

Heisman
Jun 30, 2001
6,594
14,078
113
B1G university suspends recruitment and social activities. I wouldn't be shocked if PSU tried the same sometime in the future if a serious incident happened.

LINK - No Greek for you!!

It reminds me of another UMD sorority incident from years ago which made the national news. It wasn't hazardous but it was funny as hell. C*nt punt?? I have to admit, the letter sort of aroused me. 😱

LINK - Sorority Rant
 

Bison13

All-American
May 26, 2013
3,769
6,291
113
B1G university suspends recruitment and social activities. I wouldn't be shocked if PSU tried the same sometime in the future if a serious incident happened.

LINK - No Greek for you!!

It reminds me of another UMD sorority incident from years ago which made the national news. It wasn't hazardous but it was funny as hell. C*nt punt?? I have to admit, the letter sort of aroused me. 😱

LINK - Sorority Rant
The bottom link is hilarious.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Psu00 and PSJimbo

razpsu

Heisman
Jan 13, 2004
14,673
14,971
113
Sorority rant is totally awesome dude!!!

first one is click bait and I’m not giving ap the satisfaction, lol. What Happened to the first or even second paragraph communicating what the paper, article is about. Did that go away when clicks became more important.

COLLEGE PARK, Md. (AP) — The University of Maryland has ordered fraternities and sororities on campus to suspend social and recruitment activities after the school received multiple reports of unsafe activities.

A letter sent Friday from university officials to fraternity and sorority presidents informing them of the suspension did not describe the alleged misconduct as hazing but instead referred to “activities that have threatened the safety and well-being of members of the University community.”

wasn’t hazing but must have been bad. lol.😆
thanks for nuttin ap.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Bison13

Bison13

All-American
May 26, 2013
3,769
6,291
113
Sorority rant is totally awesome dude!!!

first one is click bait and I’m not giving ap the satisfaction, lol. What Happened to the first or even second paragraph communicating what the paper, article is about. Did that go away when clicks became more important.

COLLEGE PARK, Md. (AP) — The University of Maryland has ordered fraternities and sororities on campus to suspend social and recruitment activities after the school received multiple reports of unsafe activities.

A letter sent Friday from university officials to fraternity and sorority presidents informing them of the suspension did not describe the alleged misconduct as hazing but instead referred to “activities that have threatened the safety and well-being of members of the University community.”

wasn’t hazing but must have been bad. lol.😆
thanks for nuttin ap.
Not an English person, but to give some info about your first paragraph, at a former school I worked in, the English department chair, who was probably the most respected in the entire county, actually said in his retirement speech that he knew it was time to go when his college kids came back and said all of the stuff he taught them didn’t matter anymore.
 
  • Like
Reactions: razpsu

s1uggo72

All-American
Oct 12, 2021
7,370
5,928
113
Not an English person, but to give some info about your first paragraph, at a former school I worked in, the English department chair, who was probably the most respected in the entire county, actually said in his retirement speech that he knew it was time to go when his college kids came back and said all of the stuff he taught them didn’t matter anymore.
Not an English person either except I know a little. When watching a trial on TV one of the lawyers, who I assume was admitted to the BAR testified the ‘me and her use to …’ while on the stand. I called my English teaching friend and said should it been ‘ she and I use to’
His response was basically the same, they don’t worry about that anymore. I said , ‘say what Wllis’?
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Bison13

Nitt1300

Heisman
Nov 2, 2008
7,834
14,712
113
Not an English person, but to give some info about your first paragraph, at a former school I worked in, the English department chair, who was probably the most respected in the entire county, actually said in his retirement speech that he knew it was time to go when his college kids came back and said all of the stuff he taught them didn’t matter anymore.
That was the beginning of the end of Western Civilization.
 
  • Like
Reactions: PSUJam and Bison13

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
86,082
69,339
113
Not an English person either except I know a little. When watching a trail on TV one of the lawyers, who I assume was admitted to the BAR testified the ‘me and her use to …’ while on the stand. I called my English teaching friend and said should it been ‘ she and I use to’
His response was basically the same, they don’t worry about that anymore. I said , ‘say what Wllis’?

I don't think you have that quote quite right:

 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: PSUJam and Bison13
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Penn State's Chase Sowell Is the Offense's Lone Bright Spot. Here's How to Use Him More
  2. 02 BWI Football Penn State postseason projections: Could Matt Campbell face his old team in a bowl game?
  3. 03 BWI Recruiting Penn State-USC visitor list reaches 80 prospects ahead of pivitol recruiting weekend
  4. 04 BWI Football What time will Penn State-Michigan start on Oct. 17? Here's what we know
  5. 05 BWI Football Rocco Becht has been here before. Now Penn State needs him to lead it out.