OT: TV set at the tailgate

jb1020

Freshman
Jun 7, 2009
1,866
87
48
We're finally stepping up and adding the flat screen and dish to tailgate setup...is there a setup thats easier that the standard satellite dish? I've seen these portable dishes advertised, but more often than not I see folks lugging around dishes that look like they should be attached to the roof of a house.

Also, need a quiet generator. The TV and dish will probably be the only thing we need power for so a small generator is probably all we need.

I know this has been discussed before, but considering we've put a 1 ton rover on Mars in the past few weeks I figured technology might have advanced a little further.

TIA.
 

boomboommsu

Redshirt
Mar 14, 2008
1,045
0
0
I think the main reason people use the home dishes, is that often the dish companies just leave the old one when it's replaced. Free beats portable.
 

ckDOG

All-American
Dec 11, 2007
10,418
6,812
113
I don't do it, but many on here have suggested it. If you don't already have a generator, it's probably cheaper and more portable. I'm sure someone on here will chime in with the details...
 

8dog

All-American
Feb 23, 2008
15,107
7,335
113
they weigh in the neighborhood of 8 tons and we go through 2 for a night game.

Just bite the bullet and buy a Honda 2000.
 

jb1020

Freshman
Jun 7, 2009
1,866
87
48
I've been put in charge of this operation from my cousins wife...its his b-day present. Money isn't a concern to these people.
 

lawdawg02

Redshirt
Jan 23, 2007
4,120
0
0
If that's the case, check out the "tailgater" from dish network. Just don't plan on using it to watch Breaking Bad.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Baseball "This is Home": 2028 OF Axton Westmoreland commits to Mississippi State
  2. 02 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State MBK Assistants speak on size and length added to 26-27 squad
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "Go make the play": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby on Defense and responding to Alabama game
  4. 04 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State WBK to play exhibition at Choctaw Central HS
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting WR Darion Moseley backs off pledge to Arkansas, has Big Ten and SEC schools on his list