OT- Tupelo restaurants

kired

All-Conference
Aug 22, 2008
7,125
2,518
113
Woody’s gets my vote. Some people will say Harvey’s but I’ve had too many disappointing meals there.
 

oxfordrebel22

Sophomore
Oct 31, 2013
1,928
134
63
The Grill has a really good ribeye. What’s crazy though, as many restaurants as Tupelo has, I’m not sure there is a non-chain that has just a really good steak. Woody’s and Harvey’s are both good, as mentioned. The Grill is good. But none of them are going to blow you away and make you want to come back just for a steak.

I’m sure there’s somewhere I’m missing, but nothing jumps out.
 

WrapItDog

Senior
Aug 23, 2012
4,335
791
113
The Tupelo Steak scene took a hit a couple of years ago when Bonanza was demolished to build a Dollar General
 

PirateDawg

Redshirt
Jan 9, 2020
1,751
0
0
Anybody been to the Forklift Restaurant? I've heard it was good and been planning to get by there.
 

Herbert Nenninger

All-Conference
Feb 9, 2019
844
1,250
93
Probably woody’s. Or Park Heights. Homer’s was good before it closed. Have heard good things about Magnolia House in Guntown.
My wife said I wouldn’t like Forklift. Said it seemed to be a bunch of potentially good southern foods that were fancied up too much to taste southern anymore.
 

4suredog

Redshirt
Nov 20, 2002
197
0
0
Absolutely, without a doubt, the old town steak house in Saltillo. Small menu but exceptional steak!!!! Mag House is good to but very basic....
 

Dawgbite

Heisman
Nov 1, 2011
9,855
11,229
113
Chop House, same as the one on the Square in Oxford has recently opened in Fairpark in Tupelo. It's probably the best steak in Tupelo. Up until then, Texas Roadhouse has probably been the best. Yes I know that's a pretty low bar but Tupelo has never had that go to steak place. I hope Chop House is that place. I've eaten there once and was impressed. Anthony's in West Point has the best steak in the area, sorry Old Hickory but it's true.
 

Zebrahater

Redshirt
Sep 1, 2017
57
0
6
Go to Nautical Whimsey & get their filet special with either the crawfish or italian baked potato. I believe it's only offered on Friday & Saturday nights.
 

dorndawg

Heisman
Sep 10, 2012
9,328
10,611
113
I second this. My wife got it one night and it was phenomenal.

 

oxfordrebel22

Sophomore
Oct 31, 2013
1,928
134
63
Absolutely, without a doubt, the old town steak house in Saltillo. Small menu but exceptional steak!!!! Mag House is good to but very basic....

It’s definitely a nice little hidden gem. We love eating there. Great service, as well. I don’t know that I’d put the steaks in the great category, but they’re certainly good. I mean you can only expect a much out of a $22 filet with two sides.

Pro tip - their Buffalo wings are surprisingly good. Very good, actually.
 

oxfordrebel22

Sophomore
Oct 31, 2013
1,928
134
63
Chop House, same as the one on the Square in Oxford has recently opened in Fairpark in Tupelo. It's probably the best steak in Tupelo. Up until then, Texas Roadhouse has probably been the best. Yes I know that's a pretty low bar but Tupelo has never had that go to steak place. I hope Chop House is that place. I've eaten there once and was impressed. Anthony's in West Point has the best steak in the area, sorry Old Hickory but it's true.

Oh wow! Had no idea they’d opened a Chop House in Tupelo. That’s great to know!
 

kired

All-Conference
Aug 22, 2008
7,125
2,518
113
It was great when if first opened. Then I think ownership changed and it was terrible. I haven't been back after a couple of horrible meals, but seems like I heard management had changed & it was good again.

The breakfast place on the other side (Butterbean) is very good. Slow if they are busy, but great if you're not in a hurry.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Sunday Notebook: No. 24 Mississippi State 31-24 No. 19 Mizzou
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's defense bends without breaking again
  3. 03 Maroon and White Mississippi State PFF Grades from 31-24 win over Mizzou
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's Week 5 date with No. 8 Alabama set for early window
  5. 05 Maroon and White Fluff Bothwell finds a way in impact performance for Mississippi State