My wife and I are slated to travel to southern Italy in late April to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. The trip is already fully paid.
Travel to Italy has been raised to a level 4 alert (do not travel), but most of the virus victims are in northern Italy. There are no reported cases in the south except one in Sicily.
My travel company has cancelled trips in our time window to the north - but not the south. They are offering to travelers booked in the south in my time window a 75%refund or 100% credit if we reschedule within 18 months.
My dilemma is whether to wait it out and see if I can get a full refund if the virus spreads to the south, or take one of their current offers.
And, yes, we are elderly (78 and 70) and don't need to catch the virus.
Most of the pack readers are young enough to be our kids, so what would you advise your elderly parents?
Thanks for your thoughts.
Travel to Italy has been raised to a level 4 alert (do not travel), but most of the virus victims are in northern Italy. There are no reported cases in the south except one in Sicily.
My travel company has cancelled trips in our time window to the north - but not the south. They are offering to travelers booked in the south in my time window a 75%refund or 100% credit if we reschedule within 18 months.
My dilemma is whether to wait it out and see if I can get a full refund if the virus spreads to the south, or take one of their current offers.
And, yes, we are elderly (78 and 70) and don't need to catch the virus.
Most of the pack readers are young enough to be our kids, so what would you advise your elderly parents?
Thanks for your thoughts.