OT- tee ball coaching recap

o_tacodawg

Redshirt
Jan 2, 2020
957
47
28
For those that commented on my last tee ball thread I just wanted to give a quick update after our first practice.

While it was hectic as can be, I have not had a more fun, energetic, genuinely enjoyable experience in a long long time.

To those with children reaching the tee ball age, do it. Get out there and coach. My son and I had an absolute unit of a night tonight.

Now on to get some tacos for supper. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Hail State!
 

missouridawg

Junior
Oct 6, 2009
9,407
309
83
We had our second 6U coach pitch game last night. My RFer, on back to back ground balls, opted to attempt to kick the ball as it went past him in lieu of fielding it with his glove.

I was standing directly beside him for the second one and had just spent several moments reminding him about that glove thingy.

We were soooo bad last night.
 

o_tacodawg

Redshirt
Jan 2, 2020
957
47
28
I love it. I had the same player, a little girl, refuse to bat without her glove on. I did my best to explain to her what the glove is used for. Her momma had way less patience than I and made a bit of a scene.
 

missouridawg

Junior
Oct 6, 2009
9,407
309
83
I love it. I had the same player, a little girl, refuse to bat without her glove on. I did my best to explain to her what the glove is used for. Her momma had way less patience than I and made a bit of a scene.

The same kid has yet to enter the batters box and setup appropriately to hit. He still goes and stands on home plate.

He was so bad last night his mom texted me after the game ad asked me to toughen up on him cause she was tired of seeing him not listen.
 
Apr 16, 2006
1,106
11
38
For those that commented on my last tee ball thread I just wanted to give a quick update after our first practice.

While it was hectic as can be, I have not had a more fun, energetic, genuinely enjoyable experience in a long long time.

To those with children reaching the tee ball age, do it. Get out there and coach. My son and I had an absolute unit of a night tonight.

Now on to get some tacos for supper. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Hail State!

Keep on coaching him as long as you can. Soon enough, he will be grown and gone.
 

047Dog

Redshirt
Jan 29, 2020
726
0
0
Enjoy it while you can. After about 7U, the parents do their best to try and ruin it.

I remember coaching my son’s 8 yo coach pitch rec team. As I was pitching to my kids, which back then included girls, a mother or grandmother of a kid from the other team was yelling “miss” and cheering for them to strike out.

Nine year old travel ball and up only got worse. And usually the loudest chirping back and forth was from the mothers.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Keys to Victory against Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White No. 16 Mississippi State vs. No. 7 Alabama: How, where and when to watch the Bulldogs
  3. 03 Maroon and White Mississippi State Soccer preps for No. 11 South Carolina
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's Zakari Tillman Out vs. Alabama
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Will Mississippi State's secondary be the difference on Saturday?