OT tax on tips

ChicagoTiger85

Hall of Famer
Dec 6, 2004
91,988
149,964
113
You do realize that the vast majority of those paying taxes are really just giving the government a loan and it’s then paid back, right?
Oh, I thought you were joking. When did you decide tariffs were the best way to do trade and revenue? I’m not sure I’ve heard anybody argue that the no taxes on tips thing was anything but a cynical ploy to get more votes from service workers, particularly in Nevada.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yoshi121374

dpotter24

Heisman
Jan 5, 2013
8,301
11,966
103
Oh, I thought you were joking. When did you decide tariffs were the best way to do trade and revenue? I’m not sure I’ve heard anybody argue that the no taxes on tips thing was anything but a cynical ploy to get more votes from service workers, particularly in Nevada.
It’s not about votes now. He’s president and can’t run again. He wouldn’t bring it up now if he didn’t mean it. Hell, cackling Kamala said the same thing weeks after he did and tried to pass it off as her own.
 

ANEW

All-Conference
Jul 7, 2023
2,247
3,166
113
If i tip in cash, does anyone really report that as income? Also if you're living off of a waiter's pay, how much taxes are you paying anyway?
 

scotchtiger

Heisman
Dec 15, 2005
135,362
23,607
113
No tax on tips makes no sense as I've said from the beginning. It's simply pandering to buy votes, which is typically a democrat tactic.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yoshi121374

Clemson Goat

All-Conference
Dec 11, 2004
15,581
4,904
113
It would be interesting to know the percentage of cash tips workers count toward their IRS income.
My guess people only count / file with the IRS a small percentage of cash tips.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

CUTiger1977

Heisman
Jan 21, 2008
9,285
16,461
113
Promises mate, Promises Kept.
I know a lot of police officers who have stopped working events will start again.

 
Tiger Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 Tiger Illustrated Football Recruiting Clemson Football Roster & Recruiting Big Board: Defensive Tackle
  2. 02 Tiger Illustrated Football Lots of issues to address for Clemson's offense
  3. 03 Tiger Illustrated Football Recruiting Top 20 national recruit raves about Clemson visit
  4. 04 Tiger Illustrated Football Recruiting Clemson Football Roster & Recruiting Big Board: Cornerback
  5. 05 Tiger Illustrated Football Recruiting The time for Clemson's front office to start working on 2027 roster management is here