OT: Sister's house burned down

Amacomo

Junior
Dec 15, 2013
233
330
63
Mod's can delete if you'd like.

Thankfully, everyone is fine but sadly their border collie died in the fire. They live in the St. Louis area, and they have an awesome support system in town who will ensure they are taken care of and all of their physical and spiritual needs will be met in time. Their stuff was a total loss, and that's why I thought I'd reach out to you guys.

All three of their kids are siblings who my sister and her husband adopted from a very difficult situation in inner city St. Louis. Like I said, they are being taken care of abundantly but there is a unique thing that one of the kids loves.

My nephew Jack, the oldest, is 8 years old and he had accumulated a sizeable baseball card collection he inherited from some older family members and they were a total loss. Needless to say, Jack was and is crushed. I know if you guys are anything like me, you have some old baseball cards sitting in a box somewhere that you'd be willing to let go. If you'd be willing, drop a few in an envelope and mail them to me and I'll bring them to him when they get settled, hopefully in a few weeks. Thanks ahead of time, and Merry Christmas.

DM me for my address if you're interested.
 
Nov 16, 2005
29,313
24,489
113
Man I hate to hear that especially right before Christmas. I wish I knew where my old cards were from when I was a kid. I’d send him some.
 

99jc

Senior
Jul 31, 2008
2,560
565
113
I had a 5000 Sq ft house burn in June total loss....I feel their pain!
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,517
31,767
113
Man! That’s awful. Glad everyone is ok. Unfortunately I don’t have any baseball cards.
 

pDigital32Dawg

Freshman
Aug 29, 2009
2,996
85
48
Mod's can delete if you'd like.

Thankfully, everyone is fine but sadly their border collie died in the fire. They live in the St. Louis area, and they have an awesome support system in town who will ensure they are taken care of and all of their physical and spiritual needs will be met in time. Their stuff was a total loss, and that's why I thought I'd reach out to you guys.

All three of their kids are siblings who my sister and her husband adopted from a very difficult situation in inner city St. Louis. Like I said, they are being taken care of abundantly but there is a unique thing that one of the kids loves.

My nephew Jack, the oldest, is 8 years old and he had accumulated a sizeable baseball card collection he inherited from some older family members and they were a total loss. Needless to say, Jack was and is crushed. I know if you guys are anything like me, you have some old baseball cards sitting in a box somewhere that you'd be willing to let go. If you'd be willing, drop a few in an envelope and mail them to me and I'll bring them to him when they get settled, hopefully in a few weeks. Thanks ahead of time, and Merry Christmas.

DM me for my address if you're interested.
DM sent
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Sunday Notebook: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State PFF Grades from 56-23 loss to Alabama
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Anthony Evans III posts highest PFN WR grade of Week 5
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Standout Stats: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama