OT: "Safe Driver" program by State Farm

ClassOf02v.2

Heisman
Sep 30, 2010
13,969
15,598
103
I honestly don’t think a company would deny a claim based on speeding. To the best of my knowledge, they have never denied one for using a cell phone, running a stop sign, etc.
Yeah I think the thought of a company denying a claim is an alarmist view.

An insurance policy is a contract. The terms of what’s covered and what’s not are in the contract. Been in this industry 20+ years and have yet to see a “speeding” exclusion.
 

DHajekRC84

Heisman
Aug 9, 2001
30,708
19,816
0
Seeing no replies stating a savings when renew . phone app or little box in car, looks like you're right in feeling there's no reason to allow insurance companies to monitor how someone with a policy with them drives.
I guess you didn't read mine or I didn't go so far to say I get the same $100 off each 6 month period ($200/year) going on 3 years now.

So those saying zero benefit would be wrong. Not enough? Ok. But not zero.
 

MADHAT1

Heisman
Apr 1, 2003
32,048
16,851
113
I guess you didn't read mine or I didn't go so far to say I get the same $100 off each 6 month period ($200/year) going on 3 years now.

So those saying zero benefit would be wrong. Not enough? Ok. But not zero.
sorry missed your reply.
If that's the case, then it's a good deal for the drivers that can make the safe driving cut and don't mind their driving habits being monitored .

Like someone implied in their reply, I feel insurance policies will demand monitoring or have automatic much higher rates ,without accident forgiveness programs some policies have, if the insured don't want to be monitored
 
  • Like
Reactions: DHajekRC84
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 The Knight Report The Knight Report - Ask The Experts Chat: October 7th Edition
  2. 02 The Knight Report Join The Knight Report TODAY and get it for 60% off!
  3. 03 The Knight Report Rutgers Basketball Practice Notebook: Pre-preseason takeaways
  4. 04 The Knight Report How former Rutgers Football players performed in the NFL's Week Four
  5. 05 The Knight Report Football ESPN FPI projects Rutgers Football's 2026 schedule - Week Six