OT: RU's Carli Lloyd

Abro1975

Heisman
Nov 21, 2009
24,499
12,979
0
One of the best sports articles I've ever read. Of course I'm not objective, I'm a HUGE Carli Lloyd fan.
 

rudad02

All-American
Nov 7, 2010
8,853
5,773
0
Watched her in some recent Friendlies. What a player still. She is great with the ball, great feet & shot. Great passer. Great without the ball & in space. Her timing & runs are exquisite. Great in the air. Great instincts, strength & toughness. You go Carli.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Bon1674

HeavenUniv.

Heisman
Sep 21, 2004
135,536
16,405
0
Rutgers needs to find ways to keep great former Rutgers players involved with the program and seen by high school kids,parents, and coaches. Lloyd,Kroll,Young,Wicks,Cherry,Leonard,Howard,Frazier, etc.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jessiejames2

Abro1975

Heisman
Nov 21, 2009
24,499
12,979
0
"In Tuesday’s opening 13-0 rout of Thailand, Lloyd entered in the 57th minute and scored in stoppage time. She became the oldest American woman to score at a World Cup and joined Germany’s Birgit Prinz as the only players to score in five straight World Cup games."

“I think I was the most excited on the last goal we scored, because that was Carli Lloyd. And I know all the history and all the background of that player to get to that moment, and what that meant,” Ellis said on the eve of Sunday’s game. “So I think that’s important to put that human element in this as well. It might seem a score line to you, but it’s also years and years of work. ... I didn’t know the score, I wasn’t celebrating the goal. I was celebrating Carli.”

“I’ve said this, whether Carli comes off the bench or starts the game, she is a game-changer. What I know is that Carli will always put the team first,” Ellis said.

https://www.apnews.com/09b978184c234b8aa650055d2b73d0a8
 
  • Like
Reactions: MADHAT1 and Bon1674

BeKnighted_rivals

All-Conference
Jan 15, 2003
16,269
1,360
0
2 more goals today. Goals in 6 straight World Cup games, a record; 10 total in World Cup play, 3rd in U.S. World Cup history, tied for 8th among all World Cup players.
 

RUich

All-Conference
Aug 2, 2001
13,552
4,003
0
Quite a story, quite a person. Too bad so many talented kids are just too lazy or unmotivated to take the same journey.
 
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football College sports bill facing pressure in the House: 'We won’t pass language to blow up the ACC'
  2. 02 The Knight Report Football Behind Enemy Lines: An inside look at the Indiana Hoosiers
  3. 03 The Knight Report Rutgers Football Wednesday Injury Report: Latest Updates ahead of the Indiana game
  4. 04 The Knight Report Which Rutgers Basketball players will attend Big Ten Media Days?
  5. 05 On3 Football ESPN updates FPI rankings for each Big Ten football team after Week 4