I have a 30x48 metal building that is insulated, but no AC...yet.
I have a chemical tote that I catch rainwater in to clean various things. For a long time, I have been interested in evaporative cooling. I would like to use an electric (possibly solar) pump to spray the water in my tote through sprinklers onto the metal roof to cool my shop.
Anyone have experience with this? I know the key is to only use enough water so that it doesn’t drip off the roof. It all needs to evaporate to be the most efficient. I have plenty of free water, so the only expense would be to pump that water through the sprinklers in short increments during the hottest part of the day.
I have a chemical tote that I catch rainwater in to clean various things. For a long time, I have been interested in evaporative cooling. I would like to use an electric (possibly solar) pump to spray the water in my tote through sprinklers onto the metal roof to cool my shop.
Anyone have experience with this? I know the key is to only use enough water so that it doesn’t drip off the roof. It all needs to evaporate to be the most efficient. I have plenty of free water, so the only expense would be to pump that water through the sprinklers in short increments during the hottest part of the day.