OT: Question for Scotch lovers.

Jtung230

Heisman
Jun 30, 2005
19,410
12,560
82
I have a bottle of Glenmorangie Signet in the office. Got it as a gift. Will try it soon and provide feedback.
 

DJ Spanky

Heisman
Jul 25, 2001
50,755
62,746
113
Find your spot on the scotch flavor map:



As you can tell by the size of my "rack", my problem is I like the whole damn map.
So, for @BROTHERSKINNY can you tell me where Dewars falls in that map?
 

RU MAN

Heisman
Oct 29, 2001
23,723
10,413
113
I actually prefer the Gold or the Platinum over the more $$$ Blue.
I think those are actually pretty close to Blue in flavor and smoothness. Have you tried the Green? It's actually very good.
 

MoreCowbellRU

All-Conference
Jan 29, 2012
2,199
1,339
0
I can't do the extreme smoke varieties. Just not my taste. Have tried multiple times and can't get past it. Some folks love it (as evidenced by posts above). That's what makes this world great. We all have different tastes in many things. The key is figure out what YOU like and don't get caught up in fads or snobbery. There are good/great things in all price ranges and varieties. Life is good.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RU MAN

rudad02

All-American
Nov 7, 2010
8,853
5,773
0
Dewars-blech? I have tried every blended under the sun and dewars hands down is the best blended out there. Straight up, rocks, with soda, Dewars is the best blended out there including all the JW labels. Just because its about $40 for 1.75L bottle does not mean Bad scotch. I love scotches and as far as blendeds go Dewars is the best for my palate. Anyone who says differently is a scotch snob who uses price as their guide and not their taste buds!
Drank barrels of Dewars with a beer[boilermakers] back in the day. My Dad was a Dewars guy, how I got on it.
 
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 The Knight Report Which Rutgers Basketball players will attend Big Ten Media Days?
  2. 02 On3 Football ESPN updates FPI rankings for each Big Ten football team after Week 4
  3. 03 The Knight Report Anthony Knox wants Iowa at Jersey Mike's Arena
  4. 04 The Knight Report Projected Rutgers Football depth chart versus Indiana
  5. 05 On3 Football Projecting potential conference realignment if the college sports bill's 20-team caps become law