OT: Outdoor Chimney Construction

opieT

Redshirt
Jul 21, 2010
279
0
0
I have been considering having an outdoor chimney built on my back patio. When my family was looking at homes I've noticed that these are becoming very popular. I know the outdoor space in homes has become a big selling point over the past few years. Im not looking to do anything elaborate. I just want a brick chimney that will probably end up being about 12 feet tall with a mantle. Does anyone have any experience with the construction of these? I'm in the Tupelo MS area. I'm wondering price range and who to call for a quote.
 

Dawgbite

Heisman
Nov 1, 2011
9,919
11,370
113
I live in Wren/ Amory and had one done several years ago by a local guy. I did a fireplace, countertop with a place for my grill, and a hop up bar. You will be shocked at how many brick are required for a fireplace, I think I ordered more brick for this than I did for my entire house. I can't remember the cost but I will try to find his name and number for you. Go by the brick place out on McCollough and they will recommend someone and probably give you an idea on the amount of bricks required and a general rate per hundred for laying them.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Mississippi State Basketball tipoff times finalized
  2. 02 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "Fine line": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on managing health and preparation
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Recruiting 2028 4-star RB Zaiden Jernigan talks Mississippi State visit
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football 2027 Mississippi State commit Julian "Juju" McDonald shuts down recruitment