OT: Mudjacking/Polylevel Concrete Raising

Postman_1

Heisman
Mar 12, 2017
8,532
13,601
113
Has anyone had this done to sinking concrete on their sidewalk? I have a few sinking sections of sidewalk that I am considering having this done on. The sidewalk itself is still in decent shape so no need for a total replacement. Any feedback or recommendations is appreciated.
 

koleszar

Heisman
Jan 1, 2010
37,986
60,055
113
Has anyone had this done to sinking concrete on their sidewalk? I have a few sinking sections of sidewalk that I am considering having this done on. The sidewalk itself is still in decent shape so no need for a total replacement. Any feedback or recommendations is appreciated.
My problem with it is you really haven’t fixed the substrate. Your concrete is only as good as what it’s sitting on. So if it’s roots they’ll continue to grow, if it’s a sink hole what caused that? One of the developments I handle off Lakewood rd in Manasquan had it done, a few years later I had to go in take the concrete out and do it right. It’s cheap I’ll give it that, will it last? Sometimes yes, sometimes no it’s really a roll of the dice until you really find out what’s going on under the concrete.
 

gunboat

Senior
Jan 16, 2007
1,375
416
0
After Sandy we had the concrete deck around our pool sink in several areas. Also, had concrete sink in other areas on our property. Had First Basementy come in and level all the concrete for about 11k. 9 years later still all good.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Postman_1

RU-Kidding

All-Conference
Nov 6, 2001
11,910
2,507
81
After Sandy we had the concrete deck around our pool sink in several areas. Also, had concrete sink in other areas on our property. Had First Basementy come in and level all the concrete for about 11k. 9 years later still all good.
I had First Basementy come in for an estimate on a relatively small sunken concrete slab job. They told me they have a $2,000 minimum for any job so I said no thanx but I heard others have been happy with their service.
 
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 The Knight Report How former Rutgers Football players performed in the NFL's Week Four
  2. 02 The Knight Report Join The Knight Report TODAY and get it for 60% off!
  3. 03 The Knight Report Football ESPN FPI projects Rutgers Football's 2026 schedule - Week Six
  4. 04 The Knight Report Rutgers Football versus Maryland Game Time Announced
  5. 05 The Knight Report Football Every throw from Rutgers Football Quarterbacks versus Indiana