OT: Makin' Bacon

DoggieDaddy13

All-Conference
Dec 23, 2017
3,957
2,351
113
Bacon in the oven always. Porterhouse in the big cast iron skillet. That's about all the meat we eat. Little salt, more pepper, and a buttload of butter in the pan before dropping in the steak. Better than grilling.
 

dawgman42

All-American
Jul 24, 2007
6,304
6,452
113
The wife and her husband were both at our house. Sometimes I don’t thpe so good.**
No, no, I understand, y'all were busy.

 
  • Haha
Reactions: DerHntr

Bulldog Bruce

All-American
Nov 1, 2007
5,261
6,496
113
Cast iron makes a mighty fine steak. And I say that as someone who fires up the charcoal grill/smoker several times a month.
I have two flat cast iron skillets for making steak. put on your rub, and it can just be salt and cracked pepper, for at least 8 hours. Then on the heated skillet with some coconut oil for a few minutes per side. I have Air Fry option on my oven, you can use convection, and do that from 450 to 500 depending on the steak thickness. Put on a chunk of butter, garlic butter if you want to get fancy, and finish in the oven to your desired doneness.

Can't cook it better any other way.
 
  • Like
Reactions: dorndawg
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Baseball "This is Home": 2028 OF Axton Westmoreland commits to Mississippi State
  2. 02 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State MBK Assistants speak on size and length added to 26-27 squad
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "Go make the play": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby on Defense and responding to Alabama game
  4. 04 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State WBK to play exhibition at Choctaw Central HS
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting WR Darion Moseley backs off pledge to Arkansas, has Big Ten and SEC schools on his list