OT: makers mark

RocketDawg

All-Conference
Oct 21, 2011
20,067
2,816
113
It's been 45% alcohol for as long as I can remember. That's what gave it the special bite. I guess it'll just be one of many now.
 

Double Dawg

Freshman
Mar 3, 2008
151
88
28
Switch to Maker's 46. 94 proof. Jump up to Knob Creek at 100 proof.

As to not raising the price, Bill Samuels said that he did not want to price people out of the market.

The new stuff will be in the State warehouse next week and in stores by the following week. Give it a try. Anybody remember when virtually all bourbons & whiskies were 90 proof or better? Jack Daniels has gone from 90 proof to 86 proof to 80.
 

gptdawg

Redshirt
Jan 23, 2007
567
0
0
Whippersnappers

I'm a JD man. I remember when Jack was 100 proof,then when to 90 or 88, and now 80. **** happens.Capitalism.
 

Cooterpoot

Redshirt
Aug 29, 2012
4,239
2
0
Knob Creek, Bullet, 10 yr. old Old Charter, & Wild Turkey
All better than Makers to me. Go small batch for the best though.
 

johnson86-1

All-American
Aug 22, 2012
15,182
5,725
113
They won't raise the price because they want Makers Mark to clearly be in a different price category from their next bourbon up (which I think is Basil Hayden's? Or maybe Knobb Creek?).
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting WR Darion Moseley backs off pledge to Arkansas, has Big Ten and SEC schools on his list
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Recruiting JUCO Edge Derion Gould sees the potential at Mississippi State
  3. 03 Maroon and White Baseball Mississippi State Biloxi baseball schedule altered by weather
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Recruiting "Electric" Mississippi State atmosphere boosts big recruiting weekends
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Can Mississippi State's running game keep up?