OT: Levon Helm

rem101

Sophomore
Jan 22, 2008
3,198
181
63
I will have to bust out The Last Waltz again. When there was not much of a late night in the cotton district, we always resorted to watching it.
 

vandaldawg

Junior
Feb 23, 2008
2,183
368
83
Love the Band. Love Levon. Had the good fortune to see him at the Variety Playhouse in Atlanta a few years ago. He was in rare form. Had just come back from his first setback and had regained his voice. Touring after the release of Dirtfarmer (fantastic record if you haven't given it a listen). It was a fantastic show.<div>
</div><div>I have long been trying to get myself to go to one of his Midnight Rambles at his place in upstate NY. I wish I would have motivated myself more. If anybody here has been, I would love to hear about it.</div><div>
</div><div>I Shall be Released.</div>
 

gdogg

Redshirt
Feb 24, 2008
1,060
0
0
Always wish we could add him to the list of great Mississippi artists, so close.
 

sonofabitch

Redshirt
Apr 15, 2009
92
0
0
just one hell of a fine guy. i was in one of the dives on cherry street, he came in sat on the stool next to me had a beer and visited for a while. i think he was there for their king bisquit (sp) thing the next week. will sure miss him. will be watching the last waltz again tonite.
 

57stratdawg

Heisman
Dec 1, 2004
148,711
24,584
113
And The Band.

Always thought he was really good in The Last Waltz when he talks about Rock N Roll and how it all comes together around these parts.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Basketball Recruiting 5-star AJ Williams details his official visits and where things stand with UNC, BYU & Arkansas as the early signing period nears
  2. 02 Maroon and White Mississippi State Bye Week Checklist: What Needs Work?
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Bye Week Watchlist
  4. 04 Maroon and White Mississippi State Basketball tipoff times finalized
  5. 05 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar