OT: John Sterling has passed

KT8813

Senior
Nov 23, 2016
680
674
93
A Yankee great from the booth. Started in 1989 and called 5420 games. Rest in Peace!
 
  • Like
Reactions: batts

Doctor Worm

Heisman
Feb 7, 2002
31,200
23,102
113
“ISLANDER GOAL! ISLANDER GOAL!”


I do remember that, as well as his Nets broadcasts. I also remember his stint in talk radio on WMCA. You'd better bring your A game when you called his show, otherwise he'd squash you. In that sense he was ahead of this time.

He lost all that in the late 70's. Ted Turner then resurrected his career by giving Sterling the Atlanta Hawks and Braves games on TBS.
 

knight82

All-American
Nov 4, 2002
8,600
9,315
113
He was doing the Nets games when they played their home games at the RAC.
 

Bueller

Senior
Nov 28, 2025
707
604
93
Kinda hokey but seemed like a good guy. Had a good voice unlike Suzyn Waldman. I thought Yankees could have had better team tbh.
 

JC_in128

Senior
Mar 9, 2023
584
456
36
I am not a Yankee, Net or Islander fan but John was great. All time great. When diving I used to listen to yankee games because he was calling them. Susan and the new guy I do not listen to at all. Sterling wa one of a kind and worth listening.
 
  • Like
Reactions: batts
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 The Knight Report Rutgers Basketball Practice Notebook: Pre-preseason takeaways
  2. 02 The Knight Report Join The Knight Report TODAY and get it for 60% off!
  3. 03 The Knight Report How former Rutgers Football players performed in the NFL's Week Four
  4. 04 The Knight Report Football ESPN FPI projects Rutgers Football's 2026 schedule - Week Six
  5. 05 The Knight Report Rutgers Football versus Maryland Game Time Announced