OT: Jackson Gunsmith

Awwhellnaw

Senior
Jun 29, 2017
946
704
88
Anyone got a recommendation on a gunsmith in the Jackson area? Other than Swanns. Nothing against them, just hoping to find someone closer to me and I hear they are expensive.
 

bullymcbullerson

Redshirt
Jul 5, 2013
86
0
6
What do you need done? I think Vans takes theirs to Billy Tierce in Utica. No idea on what they charge. The MS Gun Owners forum (MSGO.com) could probably recommend others or have a member that could help.
 

M R DAWGS

All-Conference
Apr 13, 2018
2,300
2,196
113
I’ve had two old guns fixed by MS Gunworks. I had broken firing pins in a 1967 BAR 30-06 and a Savage 220B single shot 20 gauge. Both work great now.
 

Purebred Dawg

Redshirt
Feb 3, 2009
580
2
18
Where do you live? I live at the Rez and have used Swann’s quite a bit over the years. They are reasonable, IMO. I think Guns & Gear in Gluckstadt does some minor gun smithing. As mentioned above, Billy Tierce in Utica is the best but anyone can do a trigger job.
 

karlchilders.sixpack

All-Conference
Jun 5, 2008
21,115
4,888
113
Axis w/o Accutrigger

going to need to shorten a spring in the trigger group.

Probably help to polish the internals.

(I've done this)

There are several videos on this.


There a lot of things you can do to improve that gun.







There is a lot that you can do to improve this rifle.
 
Last edited:

Awwhellnaw

Senior
Jun 29, 2017
946
704
88
I’m in Gluckstadt. I’ll probably give Guns and Gear a shout. Thanks to all for the feedback.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Mississippi State Bye Week Checklist: What Needs Work?
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Bye Week Watchlist
  3. 03 Maroon and White Mississippi State Basketball tipoff times finalized
  4. 04 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "Fine line": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on managing health and preparation