OT: I Really Don't Want to Root For This Guy

mstateglfr

All-American
Feb 24, 2008
16,885
6,692
113
This is why we know you have an agenda. Cannot you not just say it was a completely idiotic thing to say? I mean she has proven she says idiotic things.

Can you just not admit it?

Just say it man. "Maxine is not smart".

I have no idea if she is smart or not. I know almost nothing about her and what little I know is because I hear inflammatory comments made by people on the far right.
I dont have an agenda, but I am curious- what exactly is my agenda here? I could have easily just not commented on the claim and wouldnt be in this discussion with you. What agenda do I have that causes me to respond with 'its confusing why she would ask that'? My agenda certainly isnt to show support because I would have defended her comment.


I didnt go fire and brimstone on her because I havent seen the question or read the transcript and I recognize that twitter is a hotbed of misrepresentation. I have googled 'maxine waters refund on stocks' in varying forms and have come up with 2 twitter threads about it. I will think she is a ragingly dumb 17ing waste of space if I see video or read transcript that provides context and it ends up she asked the question.
 

ronpolk

All-American
May 6, 2009
9,426
5,357
113
It’s called a short squeeze. They caught the hedge fund with their dick exposed

Exactly. There was not enough buying power with retail investors to make the stock climb that much. It skyrocketed because of the short squeeze.

If the retail investors were able to drive the price up on their own, why has it not worked with blackberry or other stocks they have tried to promote?
 

Carbaryl

Redshirt
Aug 15, 2013
1,458
0
0
This is why we know you have an agenda. Cannot you not just say it was a completely idiotic thing to say? I mean she has proven she says idiotic things.

Can you just not admit it?

Just say it man. "Maxine is not smart".

Maxine falls under the Carlin people meter of "this person is 'fn' stupid".
 

DoggieDaddy13

All-Conference
Dec 23, 2017
3,953
2,348
113
I'm not mad. I just understand that he's a CFA Charterholder, and has series 3,7,24,63, and 65 licences. He's not some bro off the street. He intentionally initiated a pump and dump style short squeeze through online posts and absolutely knew what he was trying to do. That's unethical at best and criminal at worst.

I don't care if you are a $20bn hedge fund or a genius nerd that can't hold down a job, market manipulation is criminal. It's just as criminal is embezzlement or robbery.

With that said, I would hate to see him made an example of... Elon Musk, Chamath Palihapitiya, Bill Ackmon, and plenty of others are equally guilty of market manipulation nearly everday.


Overall this **** has real consequences though. Now we are at risk of having new regulations, restrictions, taxes, or other detrimental effects on average retail investors.

This guy will end up doing jail time. The others you mentioned will not. They will, however, make a lot more money.
 

DoggieDaddy13

All-Conference
Dec 23, 2017
3,953
2,348
113
Maxine Waters asks “why aren’t customers entitled to a refund when they lose money on stocks?”

To be fair to the old crazy woman, she just wanted the question answered for the record. It's a tactic most congressional folks use for the initiated masses who never took an econ class and probably wouldn't understand if they did.
 

MaroonOil

Redshirt
Jan 13, 2021
142
0
0
Boy oh boy, a lot to go over to help y’all out.

My original account I can’t log into for some reason is Maroon’12. Lurking & posting since 2010 I believe? Something like that.

Let me make this very clear since I made a shitload of money off GME & still holding. I’m not a financial advisor & will not pretend to be. BUT facts are facts. Mr. Gill didn’t do any market manipulation. Mr. Gill said he thought the stock was undervalued & when it hit his price point over the $20s, he won. He has cashed out some millions but he is still holding at 17 million in profit as of today if he wants to exercise his contracts. Again, he advocated for GME & then found out the hedge funds shorted this thing. A play was made on the shorts. That is all this is, everything in the stock market has a counter to the play/bet. Melvin capital got countered, lost & pulled out while they still had capital left & that is if you believe the testimony that they were able to cover & get out.

Again, the hedge fund(s) started all this. Yet, this was & still a phenomenon that is not OVER & is still on going. New shorts reshorted this on the way down as well. Yes, hedge funds have been wearing down systematic bulls but lets forget all that.

That first squeeze we saw was only a gamma squeeze that triggers on the options market. The real squeeze on the securities hasn’t happened yet. These hedge fund(s) historically overshorted this stock, way more then the real shares that actually exist. To make it worse, they over leveraged in. Now, I’m not going to joke with you, this situation is very serious & it will probably crash the whole market for a small amount of time when the real squeeze happens. I estimate 10,000-30,000k a share if it is allowed organically to happen in a free market.

In a short squeeze, the shares shorted have to cover to gain its monetary value or hold & pay interest or close early. Either way, shares have to be returned because they are borrowed in a short. Shorts have to cover or close. They have no option when the markets are free & working properly. In the short term, it is mathematically impossible for them to cover. That is why they are very long in Options, March 19th is the predicted squeeze, as they are naked shorting an ETF that holds GME. The XRT does a price adjustment in March. They doubled down to cover the interest, for example. You use a payday loan to pay off a credit card, vise versa.

Gentlemen, as long as there is no big liquidation of real shares in GME. It is a ticking time bomb as we speak. The system made sure it didn’t happen the first time on the gamma squeeze that was cut short. Next time, there will probably be no bail out. As that would signal collusion. What will happen? A few hedge funds will go under & Robinhood 100%, the DTTC will cover the cost via its insurance in the trillions. It isn’t over & the hedge funds are doing everything they can to make it look over. Price doesn’t matter in a short squeeze play like you think. They still have to cover & in GME’s situation, in which, we will never see again. The shorts do not have enough real shares to cover. The price right now is just indicative of when they are looking to cover to pay out less, among other things. The interest to hold these shorts is bleeding & burning accounts. A ticking time bomb.

Also, every BTC high we have ever got, the price eventually drops to 18-25% before the next spike. As more banks like Visa & other institutions & venues start accepting Bitcoin, we will hit 100k in price, that will be happening. Visa now accepting it for payment & Tesla(soon to be anyways) these institutions are going to be buying huge real amount of quantities to back their end against consumers. In my opinion it is needed. You have a currency that can’t be purely controlled from the source & truly dependent on supply & demand. The less things our American Government can touch the better, they only mess things up like 70% of the time. I’m bullish on ETH, BTC, you would be silly not to buy in on it, even at fractions. Bullish on GME as well & holding.
 
Last edited:
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Rapid Recap: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Live Updates: Mississippi State vs. Alabama
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Last Call: Week 5 Predictions for No. 16 Mississippi State vs. No. 7 Alabama
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Keys to Victory against Alabama
  5. 05 Maroon and White No. 16 Mississippi State vs. No. 7 Alabama: How, where and when to watch the Bulldogs