Been on a bit of a hot sauce kick where I've been trying different sauces. Wondering what are some of the best hot sauces y'all have come across? Mine is this Pepper Plant sauce. Goes great with everything and especially bloody mary's
I don't understand why people want to put hot sauces in on big category. I find I like different hot sauces for different foods. If I eat Chicken Cheese soup or Chicken and Dumplings I go Tobasco. On wings I almost always add Frank's. Many Mexican dishes goes Tapatio. Sriracha goes on burgers and other foods I use ketchup or mayo. Then there are some Korean hot sauces like gochujang for Asian food. I just dont see them as there could be one that I use every where.
Here are my two favorites that can span a wide range of dishes. Add in a little sriracha for the asian dishes and it's all I need. I'm not a big vinegar fan, but Louisiana and Tabasco always work. If you can get to TJ's, the habanero hot sauce is amazing... high heat and high flavor. Amazing.
I don't get people's desire for the heat itself. I get the high flavor part. I eat a lot of hot/spicy foods because of the flavor that only come with heat. However, if I could get that same flavor without the heat, I would be fine with that too. The heat is just a necessary byproduct.
Note: I grew coolapenos this past year to try along with some other peppers. Great flavor - no heat.
I'm pretty much a hot sauce slut. Love a lot of it and love variety. That said, the one exception for me is regular tobasco. Not that it's hot, but it's all heat with very little flavor.
If I had to pick two, I'm simple. Sriracha and Louisiana hot sauce. Sriracha for asian foods, smoked tuna dip, hamburgers, or just with a slice of cheese. Louisiana for chili, gumbo, and oysters. I use both (not at the same time) for spaghetti and bloody marys.
I don't understand why people want to put hot sauces in one big category. I find I like different hot sauces for different foods. If I eat Chicken Cheese soup or Chicken and Dumplings I go Tobasco. On wings I almost always add Frank's. Many Mexican dishes goes Tapatio. Sriracha goes on burgers and other foods I use ketchup or mayo. Then there are some Korean hot sauces like gochujang for Asian food. I just dont see them as there could be one that I use every where.
I don't get people's desire for the heat itself. I get the high flavor part. I eat a lot of hot/spicy foods because of the flavor that only come with heat. However, if I could get that same flavor without the heat, I would be fine with that too. The heat is just a necessary byproduct.
Note: I grew coolapenos this past year to try along with some other peppers. Great flavor - no heat.
Maroon and White Football
Sunday Notebook: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
Maroon and White Football
Mississippi State PFF Grades from 56-23 loss to Alabama
Maroon and White Football
Anthony Evans III posts highest PFN WR grade of Week 5
Maroon and White Football
Standout Stats: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
Maroon and White Football
Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama