OT- Hot Sauces

Dawgbite

Heisman
Nov 1, 2011
9,900
11,333
113
Can I get a ruling from the Pack here: Is this Hot Sauce?

Not a hot sauce. It actually reminds me more of A1 steak sauce than hot sauce. I’m not a fan of the really hot sauces. If I could only choose one it would be Texas Pete, Crystal would be the first runner up.
 

Barkman Turner Overdrive

All-Conference
May 28, 2006
4,758
3,301
113
Gumbo or poboys - tabasco
Collards - cajun chef tabasco pepper vinegar (or my own variation)
red beans - louisiana
pizza - secret aardvark
mexican - el yucateca (red)or melindas xxx
asian - chili garlic
mcdonalds - sriracha
blt's - tabasco family reserve
when feeling frisky - tropical pepper co. scorpion sauce

lately ive been adding chopped serranos to damn near everything instead. sometimes its nice to taste an actual hot pepper instead of a sauce.

You live in the city, but prefer Tabasco over Louisiana? You aren’t a local
 

DAWGS1.sixpack

Redshirt
Feb 15, 2007
2,503
2
0
I don't understand why people want to put hot sauces in one big category. I find I like different hot sauces for different foods. If I eat Chicken Cheese soup or Chicken and Dumplings I go Tobasco. On wings I almost always add Frank's. Many Mexican dishes goes Tapatio. Sriracha goes on burgers and other foods I use ketchup or mayo. Then there are some Korean hot sauces like gochujang for Asian food. I just dont see them as there could be one that I use every where.

A lot of people don’t understand this Bruce but you are spot on!
 

DAWGS1.sixpack

Redshirt
Feb 15, 2007
2,503
2
0
Crystals is about as good as a all around sauce as there is.
Louisiana Hot sauce is second - try the LHS flavored pork rinds!
Tabasco does have more flavors that I’ve tried and their green jalapeño sauce is legit. Chipotle isn’t bad either. Regular Tabasco - not a fan.
Just can’t beat a good homemade hot pepper sauce made with white vinegar for peas and cornbread.
Frank’s is a fine wing sauce.
 

M R DAWGS

All-Conference
Apr 13, 2018
2,299
2,192
113
View attachment 19390

Crystal is is my favorite.

I use it on raw oysters, eggs, pizza, any Cajun dish. It’s good on just about anything really. I used to prefer Louisiana hot sauce until I tried Crystal.
 
Sep 25, 2013
1,627
0
0
Been on a bit of a hot sauce kick where I've been trying different sauces. Wondering what are some of the best hot sauces y'all have come across? Mine is this Pepper Plant sauce. Goes great with everything and especially bloody mary's


I have tried my entire life to like hot sauce and I can’t find one that I like. I know that makes me a ***** but I can’t make myself like it. I dislike Buffalo sauce and hot sauce and I don’t know why. I like a hot bbq type flavor and I love jalapeños and habaneros and banana peppers and all types of spicy food but hot sauce tastes terrible to me. If someone can point me to a direction of a hot sauce that they think I would enjoy I would appreciate it.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State PFF Grades from 56-23 loss to Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Anthony Evans III posts highest PFN WR grade of Week 5
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Standout Stats: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor