OT: Hobie vs. Dave Twitter fight

dawgstudent

Heisman
Apr 15, 2003
40,526
22,324
113
So as I slowly strangle my tavern in consideration of my staff and our community this is happening downtown. Long lines and few masks. Clearly @HobieHobart is a #sciencedenier and deserves zero respect @lynn_spruill @Starkville_PD
 

Leeshouldveflanked

All-American
Nov 12, 2016
14,591
9,725
113
Snitches get stitches. Both Dave and Hobie are making business decisions on how to make a living. To me it’s none of Dave’s concern what Hobie does and vice versa.
 

Uncle Ruckus

All-American
Apr 1, 2011
15,320
6,711
113
Hobie is only responsible for what happens in his business. Petty, cancel culture ********.
 

aTotal360

Heisman
Nov 12, 2009
22,523
16,273
113
I think the argument may revolve around different rules for different people. Again, I have no clue what's going on. That's just what I take from Dave's tweet.
 

paindonthurt_

All-Conference
Jun 27, 2009
9,528
2,046
113
Dave is acting like a **** abt this. That is all.

Lynn spruill jumping in and calling him respectable is even more absurd.
 
Last edited:

paindonthurt_

All-Conference
Jun 27, 2009
9,528
2,046
113
The argument is Dave is a ***** abt this.

He chose to close down his business for damn near a year. That’s fine but don’t blame your problems on another business.

The mayor and her minions like Dave don’t like Hobie (I wouldn’t say I love Hobie) or people not jumping in line with their ****.

Pretty sure the rules as you say have cost Hobie considerably. Was fined pretty heavily.

I wouldn’t otherwise go to Hobies on main but I’ll be there today.
 

aTotal360

Heisman
Nov 12, 2009
22,523
16,273
113
Again, I don't fully understand each persons' side. I'm just saying how I interpreted the tweet. If Dave chose to shutdown for a year, shame on him. Dave does come across as a *****, but he may have reason. I don't know...
 

paindonthurt_

All-Conference
Jun 27, 2009
9,528
2,046
113
Understood but what I’m saying is the rules are the same for both.

If Hobie breaks the rules, I can assure you he isn’t going to get away free on it Bc they have already targeted him.

As someone else stated, Hobie has no control of what people are doing outside his business. He can’t make them wear masks OUTSIDE. He can’t make them social distance OUTSIDE.

I was at Dave’s on Wednesday and spent $60 plus. There was a Table of 8 to 10 in the back. Occasionally a person walked around without a mask. No big deal to me but according to Dave they should have been drug out and abused in the street.

But Dave, don’t worry. I won’t be back for a long while.
 

MStateU

All-Conference
Nov 15, 2009
1,077
2,307
113
I know nothing about the situation either, but what I took from the exchange was Hobie has a better location than Dave. Dave’s panties are in a wad over it.
 

paindonthurt_

All-Conference
Jun 27, 2009
9,528
2,046
113
Dave’s has been a good business for a long time. He chose to shut down and it hurt his business.

That’s on him.
 

Mafiadawg

Redshirt
Nov 5, 2013
421
5
18
What a little ***** Dave comes across as. Won’t be going back. Good on hobie to do what he can. That mayor sucks too.
 

Joe Schmedlap

Redshirt
Aug 11, 2010
1,334
33
48
The mayor has a hard on to bust both Hobie and the Starkville Cafe. Starkville needs to dump her during the next election.

What a little ***** Dave comes across as. Won’t be going back. Good on hobie to do what he can. That mayor sucks too.
 

natchezdawg

Redshirt
Oct 4, 2009
1,239
0
0
Back in March, she was helping to circulate a picture on Twitter...

of a flock of old geezers out of on the golf course not "practicing social distancing". It sounds to me like she has to much time on her hands....
 

Go Budaw

Redshirt
Aug 22, 2012
7,321
0
36
The mayor has a hard on to bust both Hobie and the Starkville Cafe. Starkville needs to dump her during the next election.

The Starkville Cafe? Um, okay. Didn’t realize that was a hotbed of irresponsible social gatherings of pandemic super spreaders.
 

Grove Sh*tter

Redshirt
Aug 25, 2014
911
0
0
When you assert that someone is a "science denier" for not wearing a mask, you try to automatically elevate yourself over that person both intellectually and morally.

From my perspective, not wearing a mask could mean many things including that you have already gotten over the virus and are incapable of spreading/contracting it, or you are capable of weighing the risks and making your own decisions.

People who automatically buy wholesale anything the WHO/CDC/other government agencies are selling them suggest that they are less capable of thinking for themselves. And they will howl you down for not joining them in their slurping it down.

I wish both businesses/proprietors would join in unison to promote what's best for everyone and listen to one another. Maybe they could build each other up instead of tearing each other down. If their ideas don't align, maybe they could still be respectful of one another. I refuse to believe that we have gone too far societally to be unable to relate peacefully and respectfully.
 
Last edited:

DAWG61

Redshirt
Feb 26, 2008
10,111
0
0
They should settle it with a dodgeball match. Loser shuts doors for good.
 

The Peeper

Heisman
Feb 26, 2008
16,707
12,442
113
I think a winner takes all scuffle on the South Farm @ 10:00 would be more fitting
 

mcdawg22

Heisman
Sep 18, 2004
13,653
12,156
113
If I ate at Hobie’s, Rona wouldn’t be the virus I would be worried about catching.
 

Uncle Ruckus

All-American
Apr 1, 2011
15,320
6,711
113
I have no idea, and neither does Dave. What he was being a ***** about was out of Hobie’s control. If anything, fuss at Lynn for not enforcing social distancing on her public sidewalks.
 

paindonthurt_

All-Conference
Jun 27, 2009
9,528
2,046
113
Probably passes a lot of people in left lane and gets right back over in the right like a normal person.
 

cytubb

Redshirt
Feb 25, 2008
272
9
18
Dave used the ppe money and took a year long vacation . I won’t be back there!
 

Hugh's Burner Phone

All-American
Aug 3, 2017
5,418
6,359
113
Who’s next?

 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Anthony Evans III posts highest PFN WR grade of Week 5
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Standout Stats: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football "Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "We let ourselves down": Isaac Smith and Anthony Evans III speak on Mississippi State's defeat to Alabama