I’m doing one on a traditional propane cooker this year. Anyone care to share their best tips on seasoning?
Soak in Dale's for 72 hours, inject with Dale's, before frying, rest it for at least 30 minutes, loosely covered, and enjoy.
Can’t beat Tony’s garlic butter injectable marinade, seasoned Salt on the outside.
If you can get your hands on it before Thanksgiving, Meat Church has a rub called Holy Voodoo that is fantastic on poultry. It's all I use on chicken these days. There's actually recent YouTube video by Meat Church where he fries a turkey with this rub. Looks awesome.
Soak in Dale's for 72 hours, inject with Dale's, before frying, rest it for at least 30 minutes, loosely covered, and enjoy.
Can’t beat Tony’s garlic butter injectable marinade, seasoned Salt on the outside.
Been using a rub and creole butter for years. Used a garlic and herbs two years ago that was awesome. I usually smoke one and fry one if not two. This year smaller family group but will still probably so two separate ones and smoke one day before. Don’t don’t oil fry any more. Health reasons and prep and cleanup. I do the oil less fryer and spray cooking spray on Turkey every so often. It gives that Crispiness that you want on the skin lie a true fried turkey. Thinking about trying a jalapeño butter mix this year for injections i might be the only one who will eat it though. Might do a chicken with that instead and see what it comes out like. Creole butter is hard to beat though for group cooking because everyone usually likes it
Ever done a drunk chicken in oilless fryer? It’s wonderful.
This. I just deep fried a whole chicken as a test run. Brine it for 24 hours, remove and rub (i use the rub from Publix), salt and pepper, inject with Tonys and put back in the ridge for 12-24 hours, let it come to room temp, pat try and add more rub/salt/pepper if needed. "Deep Fry" it, preheat oil to 375, as soon as you drop the turkey in, dial back temp to 325 and cook 7 min/lb.
Haven’t tried that yet. But I’ve done several chickens. Have to try the drink chicken
7 minutes per pound? I’ve always done about 3 to 3.5 minutes per pound.
Maroon and White
Mississippi State Bye Week Checklist: What Needs Work?
Maroon and White Football
Mississippi State Bye Week Watchlist
Maroon and White
Mississippi State Basketball tipoff times finalized
Rivals Basketball Recruiting
Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar
Maroon and White Football
"Fine line": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on managing health and preparation