OT: Flight etiquette

Status
Not open for further replies.

woozman

All-Conference
Nov 13, 2004
3,456
2,693
113
I’m 6’-5”, so the answer is yes.

At the very least, you should make a visual check to make sure you have enough room to recline. After all, you’re reclining into the person’s space behind you.

Just because you can do something doesn’t mean you’re not being a jerk.

I’m close to 6’5” too and I agree. It’s called common courtesy to those around you. As others have stated, though - most airline travelers suck and don’t have any common courtesy.

I only fly 2-3 times per year, but a trick I’ve learned being a tall guy is to politely ask the person ahead of me before take off “would you please let me know before you recline your seat so I can scoot my knees back?” Most people won’t recline after you mention that you’re tall and would like a heads up to adjust and the rest will turn around and give a polite heads up.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting WR Darion Moseley backs off pledge to Arkansas, has Big Ten and SEC schools on his list
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Recruiting JUCO Edge Derion Gould sees the potential at Mississippi State
  3. 03 Maroon and White Baseball Mississippi State Biloxi baseball schedule altered by weather
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Recruiting "Electric" Mississippi State atmosphere boosts big recruiting weekends
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Can Mississippi State's running game keep up?