OT -- e-recycling in MS

MSUDOG24

All-Conference
Mar 31, 2021
1,515
1,462
113
I have a broken flat screen I need to get rid of and have googled around from Jackson to Tupelo and haven't found anything. Used someone out of the Nettleton area several years ago for some old TV's and computers but doesn't seem to be around anymore and nothing else coming up in my searches. Seems there were several in the Jackson area several years ago but not seeing any now. Any tips? (besides driving far enough down Blackjack Rd.)
 

Dawgbite

Heisman
Nov 1, 2011
9,940
11,402
113
Tupelo/ Lee County has a hazardous waste drop off weekend once per year at the horse park in Verona beside the research station. No idea when it will be this year. I carry stuff every year and drop it off.
 

SteelCurtain74

All-Conference
Oct 28, 2019
2,112
3,217
113
Try Magnolia Data Solutions in Jackson


They have a E- recycling day a couple of times a year at the Ace Hardware on Spillway Rd but also have a location downtown I believe.
 

Herbert Nenninger

All-Conference
Feb 9, 2019
856
1,273
93
Tupelo/ Lee County has a hazardous waste drop off weekend once per year at the horse park in Verona beside the research station. No idea when it will be this year. I carry stuff every year and drop it off.
I feel like the last one was back in the fall. It’s a pretty organized set up.
 

The Peeper

Heisman
Feb 26, 2008
16,741
12,503
113
Golden Triangle Waste Services has a drop off day typically in April where you can take old paint, yard chemcials, electronics, batteries, etc. for free but I haven't heard anything about it this year yet. Its out on Old West Point Rd (between the old Johns Grocery and old Goose Hollow Furniture for you old timers)
 

greenbean.sixpack

All-American
Oct 6, 2012
9,442
8,875
113
office space GIF
 

MSUDOG24

All-Conference
Mar 31, 2021
1,515
1,462
113
Thanks. Looks like most of it goes on through various "waste days" versus routine drop off at recycling businesses. Thought I had checked MDS and didn't think they took individual drop offs but turns out they do for $25. Interesting set up and location in Jackson but experience says they don't put recycling places in the best parts of town. A bit behind Baptist so not terrible. Thanks again for confirming there's not a lot to choose from.
 

MSUDOG24

All-Conference
Mar 31, 2021
1,515
1,462
113
Golden Triangle Waste Services has a drop off day typically in April where you can take old paint, yard chemcials, electronics, batteries, etc. for free but I haven't heard anything about it this year yet. Its out on Old West Point Rd (between the old Johns Grocery and old Goose Hollow Furniture for you old timers)
Actually experienced that extravaganza 5 or 6 years ago when I took a bunch of paint and solvents out. Took forever to get through the line but I will say it was entertaining and humorous while I waited. Cars, trucks and trailers completely packed with every kind of shilt imaginable coming out of the back woods of the GTR. Didn't recall electronics but looks like they do now.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Basketball Recruiting 5-star AJ Williams details his official visits and where things stand with UNC, BYU & Arkansas as the early signing period nears
  2. 02 Maroon and White Mississippi State Bye Week Checklist: What Needs Work?
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Bye Week Watchlist
  4. 04 Maroon and White Mississippi State Basketball tipoff times finalized
  5. 05 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar