OT: Check in on your pastors

preacher_dawg

All-Conference
Nov 12, 2014
2,757
2,197
113
Just an encouragement to check in on your pastors to see how they are doing during this time. In the midst of Covid, I went through intense depression. It would have helped so much if someone in my congregation would have asked how I am doing personally. I'm not sure if I would have been able to be completly honest, but it would have been of great encouragement to know that people cared. So please, check in with your pastors or other caregivers.
 

Shmuley

Heisman
Mar 6, 2008
24,323
12,301
113
In my opinion, it is "virtually impossible" to minister effectively under the protocols. The computer screen and/or phone screen are ****** substitutes for physical presence. Absolutely ******.
 

Russ Wheeler

Redshirt
Aug 3, 2020
2,430
0
0
Just an encouragement to check in on your pastors to see how they are doing during this time. In the midst of Covid, I went through intense depression. It would have helped so much if someone in my congregation would have asked how I am doing personally. I'm not sure if I would have been able to be completly honest, but it would have been of great encouragement to know that people cared. So please, check in with your pastors or other caregivers.
Many people went through (and are still going through) intense depression over the course of this stuff. But I certainly understand what churches are dealing with, I'd say they've been affected more than anything else.
 

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,511
27,476
113
Just an encouragement to check in on your pastors to see how they are doing during this time. In the midst of Covid, I went through intense depression. It would have helped so much if someone in my congregation would have asked how I am doing personally. I'm not sure if I would have been able to be completly honest, but it would have been of great encouragement to know that people cared. So please, check in with your pastors or other caregivers.

So, how are you doing, preacher?
 

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,511
27,476
113
Some days are better than others. My biggest difficulty is that some in my congregation are meeting in a seperate worship service because they don't like masks.

So you should do the Saturday night contemporary service with rock and roll praise music and no masks!
 

GloryDawg

Heisman
Mar 3, 2005
20,654
19,408
113
Find a part time job just to get out and stay in touch with people.
 
Last edited:

hatfieldms

All-Conference
Feb 20, 2008
8,760
2,523
113
Many people went through (and are still going through) intense depression over the course of this stuff. But I certainly understand what churches are dealing with, I'd say they've been affected more than anything else.

I think restaurants would probably disagree
 

Mobile Bay

All-Conference
Jul 26, 2020
4,242
2,184
113
Don't have one. Lived in Alabama a decade this time and never have been invited to church. Never invited in Mississippi or Louisiana.

So much for evangelicalism.
 

greenbean.sixpack

All-American
Oct 6, 2012
9,409
8,835
113
Just an encouragement to check in on your pastors to see how they are doing during this time. In the midst of Covid, I went through intense depression. It would have helped so much if someone in my congregation would have asked how I am doing personally. I'm not sure if I would have been able to be completly honest, but it would have been of great encouragement to know that people cared. So please, check in with your pastors or other caregivers.

Sorry to hear of your troubles and hopefully this issue is behind you.

I wonder if 50 years from now religious scholars are going to look back on this period and determine it had a great impact on the acceleration of the the decline of small and medium churches (which I understand have been in slow decline for some time). People will get out of the practice of going to church and tithing very easy. Online church is certainly a good thing, but I'd bet that giving/tithing is significantly down when in person attendance is down.
 

Rushisaband

Freshman
May 31, 2016
385
93
28
Mobile bay dawg. I’m assuming you live close to the area. If so, meet me at Coastal Church In Daphne off of 64 any Sunday at 9 am or 10 30. Be glad to have you. Just send me msg and let me know!
 

Mobile Bay

All-Conference
Jul 26, 2020
4,242
2,184
113
Thanks man, I appreciate it. But I don't live there. I live in Montgomery.
 

forestdepth

Redshirt
Feb 20, 2018
787
0
0
There’s probably a Calvinist joke I could tee off on right now. But seriously, hope you are doing ok and I hope your ole miss father in law in washing his hair in someone else’s sink.
 

dudehead

Senior
Jul 9, 2006
1,610
709
113
Just an encouragement to check in on your pastors to see how they are doing during this time. In the midst of Covid, I went through intense depression. It would have helped so much if someone in my congregation would have asked how I am doing personally. I'm not sure if I would have been able to be completly honest, but it would have been of great encouragement to know that people cared. So please, check in with your pastors or other caregivers.

Consider practicing the Welcoming Prayer. It helped me quite a bit.

Welcome, welcome, welcome.
I welcome everything that comes to me today
because I know it’s for my healing.
I welcome all thoughts, feelings, emotions, persons,
situations, and conditions.
I let go of my desire for power and control.
I let go of my desire for affection, esteem,
approval and pleasure.
I let go of my desire for survival and security.
I let go of my desire to change any situation,
condition, person or myself.
I open to the love and presence of God and
God’s action within. Amen


https://www.contemplativeoutreach.org/welcoming-prayer-method/
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Last Call: Week 5 Predictions for No. 16 Mississippi State vs. No. 7 Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Keys to Victory against Alabama
  3. 03 Maroon and White No. 16 Mississippi State vs. No. 7 Alabama: How, where and when to watch the Bulldogs
  4. 04 Maroon and White Mississippi State Soccer preps for No. 11 South Carolina
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's Zakari Tillman Out vs. Alabama