OT: Bud Crawford update

ZaneHickey

Senior
Dec 3, 2004
7,701
554
0
Bud has recently had a 24-k gold ($5000) mouthpiece made, emblazoned with the Husker “N”. The creator of the piece reported that Bud said it is “for him to wear when he knocks out Canelo Alvarez.” 😎

Got get ‘em, Bud!
 

GretnaShawn

All-Conference
Sep 28, 2010
6,329
4,182
78
I’ve been doing Thrill of the Fight on the oculus since my kids got it for Christmas. Now I feel like I can step in the ring and go toe to toe with Bud. And it’ll last 15 seconds instead of 3 seconds.
 

InMotion

Senior
Dec 12, 2020
1,542
698
113
Crawford is a bad man. Given the chance, I believe he will KHTFO. Can't wait.
 
Last edited:

ZaneHickey

Senior
Dec 3, 2004
7,701
554
0
he's a masterpiece of speed, power, intelligence, and flow.
Pretty sure I have seen every fight (even an early one where his nickname was, Hunter, not Bud). He has all of that and street toughness. He is a rare, rare bird.

I watched a special on YT about Jack Dempsey yesterday. Had no idea he drew a live audience (twice) of over 100k and produced the first $1,000,000 gate. He too was an absolute dog. I also got to see, sadly, what he would have done to me in a fight. At 6’1 and 190 lbs, he took out a guy who was 6’6 1/2”and 245lbs. I was glad it was in black and white, so I couldn’t see the big guy’s bloodied, bludgeoned face real good. That hit too close to home!😳
 

inthedeed

Junior
Mar 28, 2009
6,995
359
83
after ww2 dad came back from new guinea and fought a golden gloves champion from oskalosa iowa bare fisted for 28 rounds, finally knocked him out. dempsy was his favorite boxer. :)
 
Inside Nebraska

Latest

  1. 01 Inside Nebraska Football Nebraska OC Dana Holgorsen & DC Rob Aurich reflect on win over Michigan State, preview Maryland
  2. 02 Inside Nebraska Football Rhule: Colandrea sliding, sharp words for Nwaneri & Jones, plus an early eval on Huskers’ transfer class
  3. 03 Inside Nebraska Football Here’s what Nebraska coach Matt Rhule said about Dylan Raiola performance in Oregon’s win over USC
  4. 04 Inside Nebraska Football Injury updates for Jamal Rule & Jacory Barney? Not yet, says Matt Rhule, and he explains why
  5. 05 Inside Nebraska Football Nebraska-Indiana kickoff time, TV info announced