OT: Bourbon/Whiskey

bigmatt718

Heisman
Mar 11, 2013
16,430
23,389
113
I managed to get a couple of bottles of Wellers Antique 107. Pretty good neat and makes a good old fashion.
I heard Ohio has a surplus of Weller's out there. Far easier to find than here in Jersey or Philly area of PA.
 

Akron Buck

All-Conference
Nov 23, 2012
838
1,200
0
I heard Ohio has a surplus of Weller's out there. Far easier to find than here in Jersey or Philly area of PA.

Wellers Special Reserve is pretty easy to find around here, the Antique is more difficult and goes quick, but we do get it in. The full proof and 12 year are no where to be found. Special Reserve runs me $26 the Antique was $50.

OHLQ is a great site that tells you who has whatever liquor your looking for in stock.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Roy_Faulker

wisr01

All-Conference
Apr 13, 2006
8,356
3,375
113
Happy Bottled in Bond Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 125 years and counting...
 
Jan 27, 2005
17,172
13,619
103
Look for the following:
Weller 12 year- Same mash bill as Pappy Van Winkle but way cheaper.
Green Spot Irish Whiskey
I can get you Weller… Very good. $180ish.

To answer the original question… I like lots of different ones.

Wild Turkey Rare Breed is my favorite at the moment. I also really got into Four Roses Small Batch (Reserve) and Pikesville Rye. I definitely recommend Old Grand Dad (Bonded) for cheaper daily drinker and it’s the same think and Basile Hayden but cheaper and better (shhhh).

An incredible buy is Knobb Creek (Bonded) 9 year. I also recommend Wilderness Trail stuff.

The one major KEY…. Get NON-chilled filled stuff…
 
Jan 27, 2005
17,172
13,619
103
Templeton rye and Redbreast Irish. Yummy
If you like Redbreast get Power John’s Lane 12 year it is also a Single Pot Still and Sherry cask finished. It’s better than Redbreast. Also for the Jameson people.. Do yourself a favor and get Powers Gold Label instead.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Purple-Ed

Purple-Ed

All-Conference
Mar 12, 2006
3,057
1,463
0
If you like Redbreast get Power John’s Lane 12 year it is also a Single Pot Still and Sherry cask finished. It’s better than Redbreast. Also for the Jameson people.. Do yourself a favor and get Powers Gold Label instead.
Couldn't agree more.
 
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 The Knight Report Rutgers Basketball Practice Notebook: Pre-preseason takeaways
  2. 02 The Knight Report Join The Knight Report TODAY and get it for 60% off!
  3. 03 The Knight Report How former Rutgers Football players performed in the NFL's Week Four
  4. 04 The Knight Report Football ESPN FPI projects Rutgers Football's 2026 schedule - Week Six
  5. 05 The Knight Report Rutgers Football versus Maryland Game Time Announced