OT - best value cell phone plan - revisited

Lachien

Redshirt
Aug 25, 2013
190
0
0
I've gotten good info on the pack re: value cell phone plans in the past so I thought I would share some recent experience with Visible. https://www.visible.com/plan

Pros:
  • Unlimited everything on Verizon network
  • Includes hotspot capability (this was huge for me)
  • Straightforward $40 a month with no tax/fees tacked on; currently they are offering a $100 gift card for BYOD users that port to Visible
  • Works better than Cricket (for reference my primary service area is Jackson; YMMV); works great in my trailer par i mean neighborhood
  • Works at State football games for calls/texts/browsing (although at halftime I couldn't stream YoutubeTV to watch other games; this was about a similar experience as Cricket, maybe a little better)
  • Good app, easy sign up process and porting process--easy and painless.

Cons:
  • No family bundles / group discounts
  • Still a budget network, so priority has a couple of times reared it's head although overall I'd say it has good reliability. I've previously used Google Fi, Cricket, and ATT Prepaid. ATT Prepaid was probably a touch better service wise than Visible, but Visible is unlimited and cheaper. Service-wise for me: ATT Prepaid>Visible>Cricket>Google Fi.

Anyone else on here using Visible? What has been your experience?

For those wanting to switch to Visible, the BH7GP promo code will get you $20 off your first bill in addition to the $100 visa gift card for the BYOD porting. They say it will credit me $20 also, which is cool if it happens. However I mainly want to share what I think is a good value for a service that fits my needs that I've been enjoying.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Recruiting JUCO Edge Derion Gould sees the potential at Mississippi State
  2. 02 Maroon and White Baseball Mississippi State Biloxi baseball schedule altered by weather
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Recruiting "Electric" Mississippi State atmosphere boosts big recruiting weekends
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Can Mississippi State's running game keep up?
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Sunday Notebook: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State