OT: Best Mayo

Best Mayo

  • Kraft

    Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Blue Plate

    Votes: 43 33.3%
  • Hellman's

    Votes: 20 15.5%
  • Duke's

    Votes: 54 41.9%
  • Other

    Votes: 8 6.2%

  • Total voters
    129

bulldoghair

All-Conference
Jul 9, 2013
2,659
2,040
108
Chik fil a mayonnaise. I actually did the blind taste thing with my family using 5 different mayos. All 5 picked the chik fil a mayonnaise.
 
Last edited:

FreeDawg

All-Conference
Oct 6, 2010
4,102
1,104
98
I bet some people would be surprised to find that a lot of fine dining establishments use mayo in their dishes. I know of a few around the Jackson Metro that use exclusively Duke's... but I'm sure chefs' tastes vary too.
A lot of every restaurant that makes their own sauces/dressings uses mayo. Most “aioli” is really just mayo. You can absolutely make aioli easily but you run the extremely low risk of food borne illness using egg yolk so a lot of even the fanciest of places use heavy duty mayo to eliminate all risk (even though you can buy pasteurized shelled eggs).
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darryl Steight

bulldoghair

All-Conference
Jul 9, 2013
2,659
2,040
108
Chik fil a mayonnaise. I actually did the blind taste thing with my family using 5 different mayos. All 5 picked the chik fil a mayonnaise.
Just found this out of curiosity:

 

rowdy53103

Redshirt
Aug 16, 2017
35
20
8
I remember back in the late 90's making a sandwich at mamaw's house. When I pulled the Hellman's out of the fridge, she said "Don't use that, that is my hair mayonnaise". So I pulled the jar of Blue Plate out and finished making my sandwich. It was then that I learned that Hellman's isn't fit for human consumption and is only to be used as hair conditioner...
 

HotMop

All-American
May 8, 2006
8,610
7,377
113
I remember back in the late 90's making a sandwich at mamaw's house. When I pulled the Hellman's out of the fridge, she said "Don't use that, that is my hair mayonnaise". So I pulled the jar of Blue Plate out and finished making my sandwich. It was then that I learned that Hellman's isn't fit for human consumption and is only to be used as hair conditioner...
...heads to fridge for my conditioner.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Baseball "This is Home": 2028 OF Axton Westmoreland commits to Mississippi State
  2. 02 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State MBK Assistants speak on size and length added to 26-27 squad
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "Go make the play": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby on Defense and responding to Alabama game
  4. 04 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State WBK to play exhibition at Choctaw Central HS
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting WR Darion Moseley backs off pledge to Arkansas, has Big Ten and SEC schools on his list