OT: Airplane

Willow Grove Dawg

All-American
Nov 3, 2016
8,422
6,117
113
I HATE this movie. I walked out of the theater when it originally came out. None of those actors are funny and you can't do the Shirley joke 7 times.

Steve Martin did stupid humor that was funny. Cheech and Chong could do stupid humor. Airplane was just stupid.
It is just tragic when a guy is so horribly disappointed by a childhood hero.
 

grinningmule

Heisman
Jul 15, 2021
5,435
20,119
113
And every meme from the movie in this post proves my point. They aren't funny.

Guess it wasn't the right day to give up.....something bad for you.

God it's horrible.
martin scorsese goodfellas GIF
 

bully12

Senior
Sep 2, 2012
1,714
781
113
I HATE this movie. I walked out of the theater when it originally came out. None of those actors are funny and you can't do the Shirley joke 7 times.

Steve Martin did stupid humor that was funny. Cheech and Chong could do stupid humor. Airplane was just stupid.
Now please tell us how you REALLY feel!!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: o_Hot Rock

Ranchdawg

All-Conference
Dec 13, 2012
4,736
4,013
113
I HATE this movie. I walked out of the theater when it originally came out. None of those actors are funny and you can't do the Shirley joke 7 times.

Steve Martin did stupid humor that was funny. Cheech and Chong could do stupid humor. Airplane was just stupid.
Boo, hiss! Take it back you heretic!
 

Duggar Hall Desk

All-Conference
Mar 2, 2008
1,770
1,412
113
So, I love the movie, but I understand your take. If you didn't see the movie with the right audience, the jokes might not land at all. Its kind of a non stop barrage of silly jokes delivered dead pan. If other people aren't laughing, it's easy to think it's just stupid.

Same thing that doomed the Police Squad! TV series.
One of the reasons I watch these kinds of movies by myself, laughing hysterically. Airplane, MP and the Holy Grail, Raising Arizona, etc.
The wife does enjoy This is Spinal Tap, though.
 

Dawgzilla2

All-Conference
Oct 9, 2022
2,717
3,079
113
One of the reasons I watch these kinds of movies by myself, laughing hysterically. Airplane, MP and the Holy Grail, Raising Arizona, etc.
The wife does enjoy This is Spinal Tap, though.
Im kind of dreading the Spinal Tap sequel, but someone needs to make fun of these bands from the 60s still going on Tour.

Last time I watched Spinal Tap, I really didn't laugh that much until the interview questions they roll with the credits.
 

Darryl Steight

All-American
Sep 30, 2022
4,742
7,968
113
I remember going to this movie when I was 8 way back in 1980. Have laughed at it ever since. My wife(and all women I know) think it's the stupidest movie ever made. Every time it comes on she's like "I'm not watching that stupid movie". Five minutes in I'm on the floor. Airplane, Revenge of the Nerds, and Dumb and Dumber are some of the greatest "male humor" movies.

ETA: add the Naked Gun films also. Wife hates them. I roll on the floor.
I would watch an all day movie marathon of all those, but add Blazing Saddles. I'm in.

Oh, and we need a Three Stooges* short prior to each movie.

*Curly only.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Can Mississippi State's running game keep up?
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Sunday Notebook: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State PFF Grades from 56-23 loss to Alabama
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Anthony Evans III posts highest PFN WR grade of Week 5
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Standout Stats: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State