OT: 7.7 Earthquake

e5fdny

Heisman
Nov 11, 2002
115,369
55,241
102
One on the last times this happened in this area of the world I was working in the firehouse I will be today, not my regular one.

That was when the big tsunami came after the earthquake. Hopefully this doesn't happen this time,
 

RUPete

Heisman
Feb 5, 2003
26,841
16,113
0
One on the last times this happened in this area of the world I was working in the firehouse I will be today, not my regular one.

That was when the big tsunami came after the earthquake. Hopefully this doesn't happen this time,
I think it will be a big concern after one of this magnitude. This and a 6.2 one in New Zealand in one week. Crazy.
 

Colbert17!

Heisman
Aug 30, 2014
17,502
18,968
113
I'm good guys . Thanks for checking.
This was my first earthquake and it was an experience. It was about 1:30 in the afternoon and all of a sudden I felt really strange. I was sitting in my office and I thought that the furniture in my office was moving (it was). I thought that I might be having a seizure so I called to one of my co workers. He ran into my office yelling earthquake. We evacuated the building safely to a soccer field across the street. Stood out in 100 degree heat for over three hours before we could go in to get our stuff.
I work on the farthest western edge of the city so there aren't many tall buildings in my area so there was very little damage.
 

WhiteBus

Heisman
Oct 4, 2011
39,520
21,922
113
I'm good guys . Thanks for checking.
This was my first earthquake and it was an experience. It was about 1:30 in the afternoon and all of a sudden I felt really strange. I was sitting in my office and I thought that the furniture in my office was moving (it was). I thought that I might be having a seizure so I called to one of my co workers. He ran into my office yelling earthquake. We evacuated the building safely to a soccer field across the street. Stood out in 100 degree heat for over three hours before we could go in to get our stuff.
I work on the farthest western edge of the city so there aren't many tall buildings in my area so there was very little damage.
Glad you're save!!
 
Oct 19, 2010
209,754
31,278
48
Glad you are okay, but a bit of advice for anyone experiencing and earthquake. Find something solid to get under (desk, table) and cover your head with your arms. People die running out of buildings and getting their heads bashed in by bricks, glass shards, and other building materials.

Hope the aftershocks aren’t too severe.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: colbert17

RU4Real

Heisman
Jul 25, 2001
50,955
30,734
0
This was an absolutely massive earthquake, as is typical of the Sagaing Fault quakes. It shook buildings over 800 miles away. The fault rupture measures 200 km long by 20 km deep. The Sagaing is one of the primary faults along the India / Eurasia plate boundary and has produced half a dozen M7+ quakes in the last 100 years.
 
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 The Knight Report Rutgers Basketball HC Brandin Knight's Villanova Postgame Press Conference
  2. 02 The Knight Report Join The Knight Report TODAY and get it for 60% off!
  3. 03 The Knight Report Rutgers Basketball falls to Villanova in its first scrimmage
  4. 04 The Knight Report Rutgers vs Maryland odds: Point spread released on Scarlet Knights, Terrapins
  5. 05 The Knight Report Basketball How to watch Rutgers / Villanova; Pregame Info, More: Gameday Central