OKC folks

Cowguy

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
12,580
2,666
0
how many of you remember the “growing with pride” jingle that they used to promote urban renewal and city growth, for Oklahoma City, back in the 70’s? I saw something on twitter that made the song pop into my head. Went googling to see if I could find it and found the below.

Kills me to think of the amazing buildings destroyed during this era.

 

Cowpoke

Heisman
May 29, 2001
89,146
10,521
113
Speaking of OKC projects, what is the huge project going on southwest of the Chesapeake arena?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ostatedchi
May 29, 2001
40,500
631
0
how many of you remember the “growing with pride” jingle that they used to promote urban renewal and city growth, for Oklahoma City, back in the 70’s? I saw something on twitter that made the song pop into my head. Went googling to see if I could find it and found the below.

Kills me to think of the amazing buildings destroyed during this era.


No one is responding to you because you are older than dirt and no one knows what old folks like you are talking about. I am sure you will respond to this when you wake up at 3:45am.
 

purkey

Heisman
Feb 5, 2003
195,624
20,884
113
how many of you remember the “growing with pride” jingle that they used to promote urban renewal and city growth, for Oklahoma City, back in the 70’s? I saw something on twitter that made the song pop into my head. Went googling to see if I could find it and found the below.

Kills me to think of the amazing buildings destroyed during this era.


don't remember the jingle but I remember everything getting torn down downtown...especially the Black Hotel. Some of that was necessary but they went a little too far. In 20 years they'll be pulling up the street car tracks I bet...
 

AC2017

Heisman
Jul 31, 2014
63,412
53,769
0
how many of you remember the “growing with pride” jingle that they used to promote urban renewal and city growth, for Oklahoma City, back in the 70’s? I saw something on twitter that made the song pop into my head. Went googling to see if I could find it and found the below.

Kills me to think of the amazing buildings destroyed during this era.



I remember the jingle now.

Lots of broken promises in that old video.
 
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 O State Illustrated Wrestling Sergio Vega now 149, Oklahoma State lineup wars heating up
  2. 02 O State Illustrated Basketball OSU's Ahmed, Burks and Walker see unselfish culture taking shape
  3. 03 O State Illustrated Football Recruiting Oklahoma State offers Pitt commit Jordan Young
  4. 04 Sports Predictions 2026 Heisman Trophy: Jeremiah Smith takes lead in Polymarket odds after Week 4
  5. 05 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State kicker Sam Keltner is ready for the spotlight