Official PSU - UCLA '25 Game thread

Big_O

All-Conference
Jun 28, 2001
1,727
2,831
113
Scoop and score. Just as Franklin drew it up on the blackboard, lol. Sometimes better to be lucky than good.
 

LB99

Heisman
Oct 27, 2021
10,776
15,669
113
I'd bench Allar and start Grunk. The entire team might respond. The majority of the team might have deep seated resentment over Allar's NIL compensation.
I actually wondered something similar last week when I saw Dawkins with a half hearted effort on a block. I’m wondering if there is a riff amongst the players that we don’t know about.
 

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
86,520
69,458
113
3rd & 8 (I think), and then NI scampers, and picks up the 1st down and a lot more. I think (not certain) that DeLuca was spying, and he blew past him. A 50+ yard run.

 
Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: BobPSU92

SkiSkiSki

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
3,942
1,424
113
I’m nothing but one.
 
  • Like
Reactions: bdgan

Lil Nicky Scarfo

All-American
Jul 1, 2025
1,965
5,477
113
Good coaching. Let the clock run down as an underdog before running the play. Franklin would be running plays with 15 left on the clock
 

Calabrin

All-Conference
Oct 16, 2022
1,740
2,091
113
Nico plays absolutely fearlessly-- the exact opposite of the way Drew plays.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Psu00

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
86,520
69,458
113
1st & goal for UCLA

1st down: incomplete, but offsides by PSU (DDS)
1st down: run to the 1
2nd down: NI keeps it and gets the TD

UCLA is going for 2

false start by UCLA moves them back 5 yards

Now they're going for the PAT

The PAT is good.

34-21, UCLA, with 2:55 left in the 3rd qtr
 
  • Sad
Reactions: BobPSU92

WestSideLion

All-American
May 29, 2001
5,086
5,541
113
This D just lacks difference makers this year. 33 is a nice player, but not at Carter’s level.

When push comes to shove, there isn’t a player who can step up and take over a game.
 
  • Like
  • Sad
Reactions: BobPSU92 and Psu00

LB99

Heisman
Oct 27, 2021
10,776
15,669
113
I know, but if he had 3 1st round picks at LB he would have changed it. We have no depth or quality at the position, so stick with 4-2 and hide the problem.
But, the scheme isn’t an attempt to hide the LB depth. It’s his base defense.
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Penn State vs. USC Film Review: Lions trying to fix holes, can't exploit weaknesses
  2. 02 BWI Football Latest loss exposes Penn State's difficult reality: Improvement isn't enough
  3. 03 BWI Football How did Penn State's players perform vs. USC? PFF Snap Counts & Grades
  4. 04 BWI Penn State’s Loss to USC: What We Know From the Live Analysis
  5. 05 BWI Football 8 things I think after Penn State falls to USC 31-23: On Matt Campbell's game day struggles, a disappointment, and more