Official PSU - Kent State game thread

SleepyLion

All-Conference
Sep 1, 2022
2,900
4,475
113
I believe we even paid the Golden Flashes more for the opportunity than the Volunteers.

Tennessee paid Kent State $1.35 million to play at Neyland Stadium on Saturday, according to USA TODAY Sports. The Vols crushed Kent State 71-0, setting multiple program records offensively.​

Kent State served as one of Penn State's two “buy games” of the 2024 season, where the Nittany Lions give a lower-tier team a massive payday to serve as a warmup game in Beaver Stadium. In Burns' case, he and the Golden Flashes made a reported $1.6 million to lose 56-0.​

Tennessee got a bigger bang for their buck. I would say that we should count the buy week as a loss as well, 2-2. 🙃
These payouts to Kent State make me wonder what the recruitment pitch is for a football prospect.

Coach: Son, you are a fine player, good student too. You could go to and D-II school or even a few D-I schools. But I want you to come to Kent State so that we can field a team to collect enough money to support the university's entire athletic program. I'll give you a full scholarship. All you have to do is put up with a few A$$ beatings each year. Do we have a deal?
Recruit:
gross james van der beek GIF
 
Sep 10, 2013
18,399
13,410
113
I get what youre saying but if you don’t get a permanent injury, saying you played football at the beav and tenn stadium etc is pretty cool. I know I’d tell everyone everyday.
 

SleepyLion

All-Conference
Sep 1, 2022
2,900
4,475
113
I get what youre saying but if you don’t get a permanent injury, saying you played football at the beav and tenn stadium etc is pretty cool. I know I’d tell everyone everyday.
do you stay for the second year, play in beav (who doesn't like to play in beav) and rocky top in 2024... transfer to St. Francis of PA in 2025?
After you told me that I'd probably say, "cool, how did you do?"
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football Matt Campbell has replayed Penn State’s loss ‘a million times’: Here’s what he sees now
  2. 02 BWI Penn State wrestling 2026-2027 schedule: See the full list of opponents; how many BJC duals are there?
  3. 03 BWI Recruiting Four under-the-radar visitors from this past weekend that Penn State fans need to know
  4. 04 BWI Football How Penn State Uses Josiah Zayas and Zion Tracy So Differently at the Same Position
  5. 05 BWI Football Everything Matt Campell said to explain the Penn State 4th and 1 fourth quarter plan, timeout usage, vs. Wisconsin