Official '24 PSU - UCLA game thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
86,174
69,356
113
I have to set this up in advance, due to a crazy schedule I have for Saturday morning/early afternoon. I won't be able to join the thread until the 2nd half of the game.

Please use this thread for all pre-game, in-game, and post-game discussion of the 2024 PSU - UCLA football game.

We Are ...

- happy to see that it will be a dry day in Happy Valley for the game
- curious to learn what guest from PSU the Fox team will have on their CFB show
- looking forward to "warmly" welcoming UCLA to B1G football
- confident that PSU will win this game rather comfortably

... Penn State!!!
 

Nittany1865Farmer

All-Conference
Oct 12, 2021
1,335
2,026
113
I have to set this up in advance, due to a crazy schedule I have for Saturday morning/early afternoon. I won't be able to join the thread until the 2nd half of the game.

Please use this thread for all pre-game, in-game, and post-game discussion of the 2024 PSU - UCLA football game.

We Are ...

- happy to see that it will be a dry day in Happy Valley for the game
- curious to learn what guest from PSU the Fox team will have on their CFB show
- looking forward to "warmly" welcoming UCLA to B1G football
- confident that PSU will win this game rather comfortably

... Penn State!!!
With Tom not being around, does that mean the inmates can rule the asylum for the first half of the game???? ANARCHY and CHOCOLATE SCONES NOW!!!!!
 

LB99

Heisman
Oct 27, 2021
10,776
15,669
113
Why is it so hard to get cars off of Atherton and down Park avenue and into lots 12 & 13? FIGURE IT OUT STATE COLLEGE!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: AvgUser

OUIrPSU

All-Conference
Oct 6, 2021
1,373
1,727
113
Forget everything I wrote earlier…

I feel like this is a pivotal game for us coming off last week’s victory and playing a 1-3 Big Ten team I feel like we should dominate. Really, really hoping we stop making stupid mistakes and play solid, fundamental football. This is the kind of game that could set us up for the remainder of the season.

It’ll be interesting to see what we can do.

P.S. If UCLA does stay close, how many times are we gonna hear the announcers say, “UCLA is not intimidated by this crowd?”

P.P.S. Let’s go Mets! ;)
 
Last edited:

OUIrPSU

All-Conference
Oct 6, 2021
1,373
1,727
113
“Big playability” is my new go-to phrase (dude on the Fox Sports app said that like 3 times)
 

PrtLng Lion

All-Conference
Nov 25, 2017
1,155
1,798
113
Meh, I'm kind of used to the slow start at this point. But why not try to hit a receiver that's past the 1st down mark?
 

CDLionFL

All-Conference
Oct 25, 2021
1,769
2,703
113
Is someone else occupying Riley Thompson's body today? Both his punts have been pretty subpar.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Psu00
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football Who is on the first Penn State-USC availability reports of game week? Here is where each team stands on Wednesday
  2. 02 BWI Recruiting By The Numbers: How Penn State's 2026 White Out recruiting list stacks up to previous years
  3. 03 BWI Football Cooper, Penn State defense strive to bounce back from "embarassing" showing
  4. 04 BWI Football Matt Campbell: Penn State has failed to play ‘in rhythm’ for six quarters
  5. 05 BWI Football Can a Penn State offensive lineman getting healthier help unlock the Penn State offense? It's something to watch