O/T . . . reverse sear steaks

bayrooster

All-American
Aug 21, 2003
15,622
8,036
113
When I have time or a really good cut of meat (then I make time) I use the Sous Vide. Find the temp that works for you I like medium rare. For my taste and machine I set the temp for 128. Then reverse sear in cast using clarified butter. In a separate skillet I'll melt butter for a quick basting of the steak and then let it rest for a few minutes. While it is resting I will saute some mushrooms and onions the the butter I used to baste the steak.

Seasoning is usually very simple course salt, fresh ground pepper.
I agree this method is almost foolproof, though I skip the butter and toppings, just letting the marbled fat in the meat do the rest (NY strip is my fave cut).
 
GamecockCentral

Latest

  1. 01 GamecockCentral Football Breaking down South Carolina's turnover problem
  2. 02 GamecockCentral Football Shane Beamer shares update on transfer kicker Ethan Sanchez: 'It doesn't seem promising'
  3. 03 GamecockCentral Football Shane Beamer talks slow start for Nyck Harbor in senior season at South Carolina
  4. 04 GamecockCentral Football How South Carolina's offense stacks up statistically with the rest of the SEC
  5. 05 GamecockCentral Football South Carolina EDGE Dylan Stewart returns to practice