NY Yankees

2forheels

All-Conference
Aug 2, 2025
1,385
1,091
113
And I hope the payers remember the Rays playing New York New York full blast in their locker room after the game. They have a good team but are cocky and classless. I won't watch another pitch of baseball. I'm on to college football and basketball and the NFL now. At my age now when my teams are eliminated I'm done and on to something else. No need to torture myself.
 

Loyalheel

Senior
Jul 27, 2025
258
506
93
I would run out this lineup next year.

Bellinger - LF
Jones - CF
Judge - RF
Rice / Garcia - 1B the other can DH
Volpe - 2B
Lombard - SS
TBD - 3B - unless you think Garcia could potential play there. He played mostly 2B - SS
Wells - C
 
  • Like
Reactions: lakelawyerheel

2forheels

All-Conference
Aug 2, 2025
1,385
1,091
113
I would run out this lineup next year.

Bellinger - LF
Jones - CF
Judge - RF
Rice / Garcia - 1B the other can DH
Volpe - 2B
Lombard - SS
TBD - 3B - unless you think Garcia could potential play there. He played mostly 2B - SS
Wells - C
Looks good. And I'd give Stanton his walking papers. Just pay his sorry *** to leave. Say by to Jazz and Grisham and most of the pen.

I'm OK with Rosario, Caballero, and Sanchez filling in as utility players.
 
  • Like
Reactions: lakelawyerheel

2forheels

All-Conference
Aug 2, 2025
1,385
1,091
113
Truthfully our chances for 28 were essentially ended when Judge got hurt.
True, but Tampa is winning with nobody. Year after year. I said a few years ago we better watch out for them and here they are. You also better get used to Judge being injured every year now. That big and that age are not good and he has a huge long term contract. I hope he doesn't turn onto a Stanton.

Jones needs to play in a winter instructional league to iron out his swing because he has immense potential.
 

Uncy13

All-Conference
Aug 12, 2010
2,215
4,243
112
As long as Boone and Cashman are in charge this team will continue to fail in October. I dont even want to talk roster/lineup/rotation because really it does not matter what roster moves are made, they will fall flat again with these morons in charge.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2forheels

2forheels

All-Conference
Aug 2, 2025
1,385
1,091
113
As long as Boone and Cashman are in charge this team will continue to fail in October. I dont even want to talk roster/lineup/rotation because really it does not matter what roster moves are made, they will fall flat again with these morons in charge.
They won't make many moves at all. Just need to replace Jazz and Grisham and we've got some up and comers in the minors I'm fine with.
 
  • Like
Reactions: lakelawyerheel

Loyalheel

Senior
Jul 27, 2025
258
506
93
I think it is safe to pencil in:
Lombard - SS
Jones - Center or RF
Bellinger - LF
Rice - Should be the everyday 1st baseman or DH
Judge - RF or DH
Volpe - most likely opening day 2nd baseman
Wells - behind the plate.

Others - Garcia, Rosario & Caballero
 
  • Like
Reactions: lakelawyerheel

Uncy13

All-Conference
Aug 12, 2010
2,215
4,243
112
They won't make many moves at all. Just need to replace Jazz and Grisham and we've got some up and comers in the minors I'm fine with.
Id be more than happy to replace them with our homegrown talent. Coaching and front office analytics do matter. This organization under Cashman and Boone just has no idea how to use them effectively. It puts us behind the 8 ball
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2forheels

2forheels

All-Conference
Aug 2, 2025
1,385
1,091
113
Id be more than happy to replace them with our homegrown talent. Coaching and front office analytics do matter. This organization under Cashman and Boone just has no idea how to use them effectively. It puts us behind the 8 ball
I was a scout for 12 years for the Yanjees well before analytics and baseball did fine. It was a much better game to me. Analytics is part of the game now but you need to be able to use the eye test in games and that is what Boone lacks. He has no clue. Hal said 2 years ago the Yankees were cutting back on using analytics so much because he felt it was hurting them but they have used them more and it's hurting us. No way in hell Stanton should have been pinch hitting. No way in hell Grisham should have been batting leadoff. Sometimes a manager needs to use a little common sense.
 

lakelawyerheel

All-Conference
Jul 31, 2025
1,494
3,058
113
I would run out this lineup next year.

Bellinger - LF
Jones - CF
Judge - RF
Rice / Garcia - 1B the other can DH
Volpe - 2B
Lombard - SS
TBD - 3B - unless you think Garcia could potential play there. He played mostly 2B - SS
Wells - C
There's already some scuttlebutt about the Yanks possibly testing Garcia at 3rd. He was a piss poor defensive 2nd baseman who turned into a "decent" defensive first baseman. I don't see someone bad at 2nd being able to handle 3rd in any way, shape, or form. I love Rice but his only position play is behind the plate. And the Yanks have rightly decided his long-term bat is too important to get worn down / beat up behind the plate so DH is best for his future.....so Garcia at 1st.
 

2forheels

All-Conference
Aug 2, 2025
1,385
1,091
113
There's already some scuttlebutt about the Yanks possibly testing Garcia at 3rd. He was a piss poor defensive 2nd baseman who turned into a "decent" defensive first baseman. I don't see someone bad at 2nd being able to handle 3rd in any way, shape, or form. I love Rice but his only position play is behind the plate. And the Yanks have rightly decided his long-term bat is too important to get worn down / beat up behind the plate so DH is best for his future.....so Garcia at 1st.
Garcia at 3rd? For real? The Yankees cannot be serious. But I wouldn't put anything past them at this point. Rice has not been bad at 1st base. But permanent DH with Stanton on the roster? That's why I want Stanton gone.
 

kik84

All-Conference
Jul 29, 2025
1,197
1,344
113
I was still so disgusted with the Game Two performance that I didn't watch the game.

I turned it on just once, to watch Fried, with two outs, hit a batter and then give up a two-run HR.

I know he didn't pitch awfully, but as I've said previously on this thread, he's been underwhelming in the postseason with the Yanks.
 

2forheels

All-Conference
Aug 2, 2025
1,385
1,091
113
When Boone was hired I said at the time that the Yankees would never win a World Series with him at the helm, but if they somehow did it would be in spite of him not because of him. I stand by that statement I made many moons ago.

Boone is 1-8 in the post season against teams with a better record, but has a winning record against teams with a lesser record. That should tell you all you need to know. The Yankees are so hell bent on analytics and metrics and stats but they conveniently overlook that MAJOR stat. They are not going to win with Boone in charge. But I'm sure Hal and Cashman will decided to RUN IT BACK. We fans are stuck on Groundhog Day.

Maybe they can GRIND OUT a title.
 
  • Like
Reactions: lakelawyerheel

lakelawyerheel

All-Conference
Jul 31, 2025
1,494
3,058
113
When Boone was hired I said at the time that the Yankees would never win a World Series with him at the helm, but if they somehow did it would be in spite of him not because of him. I stand by that statement I made many moons ago.

Boone is 1-8 in the post season against teams with a better record, but has a winning record against teams with a lesser record. That should tell you all you need to know. The Yankees are so hell bent on analytics and metrics and stats but they conveniently overlook that MAJOR stat. They are not going to win with Boone in charge. But I'm sure Hal and Cashman will decided to RUN IT BACK. We fans are stuck on Groundhog Day.

Maybe they can GRIND OUT a title.
I LOVE ball players that are grinders. But that is something that is just an innate quality someone has. You can NOT speak a team into being grinders simply by talking about the day in - day out of baseball being a grind.

I can't even remember the last real "grinder" the Yanks had. Gardner probably? Can't think of anyone since then that played with a point/goal of getting their hands dirty every single day.

If I never hear that word again from Boonie it will still be too soon.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2forheels

2forheels

All-Conference
Aug 2, 2025
1,385
1,091
113
I LOVE ball players that are grinders. But that is something that is just an innate quality someone has. You can NOT speak a team into being grinders simply by talking about the day in - day out of baseball being a grind.

I can't even remember the last real "grinder" the Yanks had. Gardner probably? Can't think of anyone since then that played with a point/goal of getting their hands dirty every single day.

If I never hear that word again from Boonie it will still be too soon.
Well said. You'll probably disagree with me but I think Wells fits that mold. And Rice and Bellinger to a degree although they are naturally talented. Scott Brosious comes to mind from the past.
 
  • Like
Reactions: lakelawyerheel

lakelawyerheel

All-Conference
Jul 31, 2025
1,494
3,058
113
Well said. You'll probably disagree with me but I think Wells fits that mold. And Rice and Bellinger to a degree although they are naturally talented. Scott Brosious comes to mind from the past.
I think you are right, especially with Wells and Rice (and definitely the Brosius callback)….but let me throw some character archetype names out on a couple of those guys

Bellinger is a pro’s pro. He just flat out does his job and earns his contract every day.

Rice has grinded his *** off. He's a worker. He’s put the work in in the offseason, in the cage, and just worked himself to being a complete, star hitter

I know Wells was terrible at bat all season until the playoffs, but I don’t think there is a guy I pull for more. With the exception of getting thrown out at 3rd, I just love the way he plays and how he carries himself. He has worked his tail off as well to become one of the best defensive / game calling catchers in the league. He definitely is a grinder

AND I think he can take his post-season hitting into next year

Brosius. Great glove, battled every day, had some fire in the belly, and just showed up every single day. Grinder
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2forheels
Inside Carolina

Latest

  1. 01 Inside Carolina Basketball Greg: UNC Showcases Unique Pieces & Potential in Opening Exhibition Game
  2. 02 Inside Carolina Basketball What Michael Malone Said After UNC's Win vs. USC
  3. 03 Inside Carolina Basketball Rob's Quick Hitters: Win Over USC Unveils Carolina's Early Promise
  4. 04 Inside Carolina Basketball Stevenson, Denis Lead UNC Win - The Postgame
  5. 05 Inside Carolina Basketball UNC 88, USC 70