NY Yankees

2forheels

All-Conference
Aug 2, 2025
1,375
1,081
113
Well, fellows, I'm calling it a night. I see nothing to even give me a glimmer of hope. We have 3 hits in 15 innings. Tampa just sprays the ball all over the place. They won the division because they are the better team. My 42 anniversary is tomorrow and I don't want to be up at midnight pissed off and not able to sleep. I've seen enough of these chumps.
 

bluebooksandbluecups

All-Conference
Aug 19, 2025
733
1,471
93
Are you watching a different game than me? They are making contact on damn near every pitch by Cam. That's very un Cam like. Makes me wonder if he's tipping pitches. But their approach has always been to just put the bat on the ball. Defense is not helping him at all either.
Exactly. They are a team that puts the ball in play. If we could actually play defense, then this game would be much closer.

I want McMahon and Jazz out of the lineup and off the opening day roster next season. Done with both of them.
 

bluebooksandbluecups

All-Conference
Aug 19, 2025
733
1,471
93
Well, fellows, I'm calling it a night. I see nothing to even give me a glimmer of hope. We have 3 hits in 15 innings. Tampa just sprays the ball all over the place. They won the division because they are the better team. My 42 anniversary is tomorrow and I don't want to be up at midnight pissed off and not able to sleep. I've seen enough of these chumps.
Don’t blame you. And guess what? TB will miss the playoffs next year. But Boston or Baltimore will have a year. We have this great formula of being above average every year but never elite. Leads to a lot of ALDS and maybe ALCS exits.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2forheels and kik84

kik84

All-Conference
Jul 29, 2025
1,193
1,344
113
Well, fellows, I'm calling it a night. I see nothing to even give me a glimmer of hope. We have 3 hits in 15 innings. Tampa just sprays the ball all over the place. They won the division because they are the better team. My 42 anniversary is tomorrow and I don't want to be up at midnight pissed off and not able to sleep. I've seen enough of these chumps.
I also turned it off once it was 5-1.

Absolute clown show.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2forheels

kik84

All-Conference
Jul 29, 2025
1,193
1,344
113
And George would make sure heads would roll this offseason…but hos kids just keep swimming in that YES money and extending any and everyone associated with this product.

Heard a talking head say this year at the trade deadline, after the Yanks really didn't address their needs, that the Yanks under Hal have become a team that will do what it takes to make the postseason each year, but not everything they can do to win it all. Said the philosophy is to just hope somehow they can go on a run in the playoffs in order to win it all
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2forheels

2forheels

All-Conference
Aug 2, 2025
1,375
1,081
113
Don’t blame you. And guess what? TB will miss the playoffs next year. But Boston or Baltimore will have a year. We have this great formula of being above average every year but never elite. Leads to a lot of ALDS and maybe ALCS exits.
Don't forget the mantra of Cashman and Hal. LET'S RUN IT BACK. Yep. Same crap year after year.
 

2forheels

All-Conference
Aug 2, 2025
1,375
1,081
113
And some of this is on Judge. He needs to figure out how to be healthy. He can’t play a full season every other year. His inability to get back after his first injury this season killed the offense.
A friend of mine last night said he's a million dollar cheerleader.

Some of this is on the Yankees babying and protecting their investment. At some point you tell these guys time to suck it up
 
  • Like
Reactions: kik84 and 1992Heel

2forheels

All-Conference
Aug 2, 2025
1,375
1,081
113
I want Boone gone!!! I'm sick of his analytics and over thinking. It has not worked for 10 years and is not going to work ever.

Every time he brings in the first reliever it's the wrong choice. Headrick allowed 2 inherited runners to score and one of his own. That's 3 runs. We lost by 3. You need relievers who can strike out batters with men on base and we have none.

I can't fault Cam. He was amiss last night. He's carried us all year. The rest of the team needs to step up. They seem to laid back when Cam pitches.

We've had 5 hits in 2 games. 2 by Rice and 2 by Wells. Pathetic.

I don't think this team has what it takes to win 3 in a row now against Tampa who has made us look like high school players. Our road record this year was better than our home record. I hope they prove me wrong but this one is over.
 

1992Heel

Freshman
Aug 1, 2025
143
94
28
The only position player who is not "home grown" that has helped this team consistently is Bellinger (and occasionally Goldie). All these other chumps basically suck. I'm sorry but please bench Jazz, McMahon, Grisham, etc. I'm sick of the sloppy play!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: kik84 and 2forheels

bluebooksandbluecups

All-Conference
Aug 19, 2025
733
1,471
93
We have wasted the best collection of starting pitching this season that I’ve actually ever seen the Yanks have. The additions weren’t rocket science…and yet we didn’t add them. Out bullpen pitched admirably, but it’s a bunch of bargain bin pieces who aren’t dominant and don’t truly shorten the game. Our lineup doesn’t have nearly enough contact guys…so much swing and miss and flyout after flyout.

I’m just so frustrated at how another season is going to end with a whimper.
 

2forheels

All-Conference
Aug 2, 2025
1,375
1,081
113
This link is for you lakelaw. You are well aware of my baseball heritage and the players I played with and men I was coached by. This man taught me more than anyone I ever was involved with and that includes Earl Weaver. This man was awsome and growing up and playing on teams with his son Barry Foote was amazing. I'll miss him and his knowledge. Please read the obituary. Thank you.

https://www.parrishfh.com/obituaries/amby-foote
 

lakelawyerheel

All-Conference
Jul 31, 2025
1,488
3,054
113
This link is for you lakelaw. You are well aware of my baseball heritage and the players I played with and men I was coached by. This man taught me more than anyone I ever was involved with and that includes Earl Weaver. This man was awsome and growing up and playing on teams with his son Barry Foote was amazing. I'll miss him and his knowledge. Please read the obituary. Thank you.

https://www.parrishfh.com/obituaries/amby-foote
Just reading that and despite having never met the man....he was an amazing human being.

The stories he could tell. I would have paid good money just to sit with a guy like that for a couple hours just to hear him talk about all that he had seen and done. My condolences to you and all of his loved ones for the loss of a friend and mentor. No doubt you will get the opportunity to sit with him again in paradise
 
  • Like
Reactions: kik84 and 2forheels

lakelawyerheel

All-Conference
Jul 31, 2025
1,488
3,054
113
Jazz's attempt to turn that double play was one of the dumbest decisions I have ever seen in my 50 years of watching baseball.

I don't care if we go on to win the World Series I wouldn't play Jazz or Grisham another second in Pinstripes.
I loved the right-handed lineup in the Boston series. More contact. Less ego. More team. More of what the Rays have....hard scrabble pests.

Jazz is such a waste of talent. Guy is in the top 10% of all of baseball on pure baseball capability. And is one of the very best people in baseball off the field. But just so beyond done with him.
 
  • Like
Reactions: kik84

1992Heel

Freshman
Aug 1, 2025
143
94
28
Jazz's attempt to turn that double play was one of the dumbest decisions I have ever seen in my 50 years of watching baseball.

I don't care if we go on to win the World Series I wouldn't play Jazz or Grisham another second in Pinstripes.
And after the game they asked him about that decision and he said he would do it again!!
 

1992Heel

Freshman
Aug 1, 2025
143
94
28
Schlittler was the most honest interview after the game. He said the team didn't show up for that game. Of course when they started to press him about that comment he tried to walk it back, but you know his first response was the truth.
 

2forheels

All-Conference
Aug 2, 2025
1,375
1,081
113
Just reading that and despite having never met the man....he was an amazing human being.

The stories he could tell. I would have paid good money just to sit with a guy like that for a couple hours just to hear him talk about all that he had seen and done. My condolences to you and all of his loved ones for the loss of a friend and mentor. No doubt you will get the opportunity to sit with him again in paradise
Thank you. I have a heavy heart.

His knowledge was vast. So freaking intelligent. He was the man responsible for getting me into scouting. He said I had a really good handle on evaluating players. He was my coach in American Legion Baseball in the late 60s when he told me I had no career in pitching. lmao He was very hard nosed and cynical. A typical New Yorker. You really had to get to know him as he could be very brash. He was a big time Mets fan and his son was a first round draft pick of the Expos. Was traded to the Cubs, and eventually to the Yankees. Amby hated the Yankees and I loved them so he was always riding my ***. When Barry got traded to the Yankees I just about busted a gut. Then I see Amby wearing a Yankees jacket and it was just too much. Hilarious

Here's a funny story but was not as the time. We were playing in the American Legion playoffs. Amby was a stickler as a coach. No BS approach. He would change the signs several times during a game. My dumb *** was day dreaming and missed that he had changed the signs. He was the 3rd base coach. So I came up to bat and the first pitch I swing and miss. I look down at him and he's givng me that WTF look. He had told me to bunt. I missed the sign. So he took the bunt sign off and gave me the sign to swing away. So I tried to bunt the next pitch and fouled it off. I looked down at him and I was like Oh ****. He had a very bad look on his face. So I called timeout and walked down to the 3rd base coaches box. He asked what are you doing down here? I said what do you want me to do? He said do what the **** you want to do that's what you've been doing. lmfao So I struck out on the next pitch. At the end of the inning he removed me from the game. I never missed another sign. It was my fault and I Ioved that man. May he RIP.
 

2forheels

All-Conference
Aug 2, 2025
1,375
1,081
113
This is total embarrassment. Yankees can't even hit home runs in their own ball park. I am so sick of Aaron Dumbass Boone and his poor management. A full rested bullpen and he allows Fried to face Tampa's lineup for the 3rd time. And look what happened. BOOM! Meanwhile Cash is on his 4th pitcher. I'm sick of Hal. I'm sick of Boone. I'm sick of the multimillion dollar pussies on the Yankees. I'm sick of this under achieving team that is built for the regular season.
 

2forheels

All-Conference
Aug 2, 2025
1,375
1,081
113
The Rays payroll is 27th. They win year after doing the right things. BASIC FUNDAMENTALS. Hitting. Pitching. Defense. Letting the stars leave and replacing them with up and coming stars. Meanwhile the Yankees get washed up injured older players hoping they return to their glory years. **** it. 17 years without a title is not enough for the Yankees brass to wake the hell up.
 

2forheels

All-Conference
Aug 2, 2025
1,375
1,081
113
On the fan interference the LF fell down. The ball would have ricochet back to the infield. No one was backing up the LF. With Volpe's speed he would have had a triple and a possible inside the park homer.
 

2forheels

All-Conference
Aug 2, 2025
1,375
1,081
113
And pinch hitting for Caballero with .200 hitting Jazz was just asinine. Boone with his analytics fail once again. I guess he didn't see the stat where JazzAnd batting Grisham leadoff? He's batting .143 in the playoffs. Fire Boone's dumbass as soon as this game ends.

I don't know if I'll watch this last inning or not. Watching Tampa clinch the division in Yankee Stadium and then winning the ALCS in Yankee Stadium is just too much for Yankees fans to endure. We deserve better.
 

2forheels

All-Conference
Aug 2, 2025
1,375
1,081
113
Then he pinch hit Stanton for Wells who had the 2nd hottest bat on the team and naturally he struck out on a pitch low and away in the left hand batters box. It was idiotic as hell to activate Stanton. Had not played in a game since April. Pinch hit twice and struck out twice. Who didn't see that coming? **** Aaron Boone.
 

2forheels

All-Conference
Aug 2, 2025
1,375
1,081
113
I was hoping for some of that post season Yankees magic but instead the Yankees went out not with a bang but with a whimper.

I've said from day 1 we'd never win a title with Boone. He needs to go and I don't care who we get.

Here's a sobering fact. Since the Yankees last WS title 10 different franchises have won the WS.
 

Loyalheel

Senior
Jul 27, 2025
257
501
63
Yankees season in a nutshell when in almost every big spot last night we ended up with either Jazz or Grisham at the plate. That should be the last time we see those 2 in pinstripes.

Yanks pitching in this series was good enough to be playing again today with a 2 -1 lead but the bats have been streaky all year and finished up cold.

We simply do not have enough pop in our lineup without Judge.
 
  • Like
Reactions: lakelawyerheel

lakelawyerheel

All-Conference
Jul 31, 2025
1,488
3,054
113
Offseason....3rd base is still a hole the size of the Grand Canyon. Need real bullpen arms. No way you can count on Hedrick and Blackburn to do what they did another season. Need to pick up an additional defensive center fielder for late innings defense insurance.

I like that Wells was hot for the playoffs....goes into the offseason feeling good at the plate for the first time all season.

I also like Volpe at 2nd. Yanks equipment team should have had Jazz and Grisham's lockers boxed before then even got into the tunnel.

Speaking of 3rd base....is there a worse overall position throughout the entirety of the big leagues? I'm 52 and I can't remember a position so dearth of game changing talent at a single position in all of my years watching baseball. You've got Jose Ramirez who is a superstar and Caminero along with Machado and Bregman. And then? Max Muncy is pretty good. Anybody else?? ANYTHING??? 3rd Base is the Sahara Desert of position player availability
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2forheels

bluebooksandbluecups

All-Conference
Aug 19, 2025
733
1,471
93
Offseason....3rd base is still a hole the size of the Grand Canyon. Need real bullpen arms. No way you can count on Hedrick and Blackburn to do what they did another season. Need to pick up an additional defensive center fielder for late innings defense insurance.

I like that Wells was hot for the playoffs....goes into the offseason feeling good at the plate for the first time all season.

I also like Volpe at 2nd. Yanks equipment team should have had Jazz and Grisham's lockers boxed before then even got into the tunnel.

Speaking of 3rd base....is there a worse overall position throughout the entirety of the big leagues? I'm 52 and I can't remember a position so dearth of game changing talent at a single position in all of my years watching baseball. You've got Jose Ramirez who is a superstar and Caminero along with Machado and Bregman. And then? Max Muncy is pretty good. Anybody else?? ANYTHING??? 3rd Base is the Sahara Desert of position player availability
The free agent market this offseason is sooooooo bad. There really isn’t any game-changing talent at any of our positions of need.
 

2forheels

All-Conference
Aug 2, 2025
1,375
1,081
113
Offseason....3rd base is still a hole the size of the Grand Canyon. Need real bullpen arms. No way you can count on Hedrick and Blackburn to do what they did another season. Need to pick up an additional defensive center fielder for late innings defense insurance.

I like that Wells was hot for the playoffs....goes into the offseason feeling good at the plate for the first time all season.

I also like Volpe at 2nd. Yanks equipment team should have had Jazz and Grisham's lockers boxed before then even got into the tunnel.

Speaking of 3rd base....is there a worse overall position throughout the entirety of the big leagues? I'm 52 and I can't remember a position so dearth of game changing talent at a single position in all of my years watching baseball. You've got Jose Ramirez who is a superstar and Caminero along with Machado and Bregman. And then? Max Muncy is pretty good. Anybody else?? ANYTHING??? 3rd Base is the Sahara Desert of position player availability
You are dead on about 3rd basemen. Every third baseman in my lifetime of baseball, going back to 1960 when I started following baseball, was a power hitter and prolific with the glove. I don't know what has happened over the past decade.

I think pitching is OK but needs a few tweaks in the pen. A starting rotation of Schlittler, Cole, Rodon, and Fried is hard to beat. Stick Schmidt, Warren, Weathers, and Gil in the pen. They can also be spot starters. GET RID OF BEDNAR! We need a closer that can strike out batters. One of those I mentioned except for Gil can be converted to a closer easily. They all have the stuff and the bulldog mentality,
 
Inside Carolina

Latest

  1. 01 Inside Carolina Basketball Michael Malone Has Imprinted Defensive Emphasis on First Carolina Team
  2. 02 Women's Sports Top 2027 recruit Micah Ojo commits to UNC
  3. 03 Inside Carolina Basketball Honest Conversations with Michael Malone - Daily Take
  4. 04 Inside Carolina Basketball Recruiting Tales from the UNC Recruiting Trail, Part 2 - Coast to Coast
  5. 05 Inside Carolina Football Film Room: UNC's 97-Yard Drive vs. Notre Dame