NU PTSD Syndrome

docrugby1

Senior
Jun 16, 2010
6,988
579
88
Having been tortured by NU's unbelievable end of game disasters in both football and basketball, I could not believe Langborg challenged the 3 point shooter on the last shot of a 4-point game. He played a great game , but now I need to buy a new remote for my TV. At least, I missed the TV but the fireplace was less forgiving.
 

Catdude

Freshman
Aug 27, 2001
1,026
52
48
Totally agree. I could not believe how close Langborg got to the shooter (and it looked like there may have been some contact).

Hopefully that's a teaching moment for Collins to review with the team. If we are up more than 3 with only a couple of seconds left in the game, we should not be within 5 feet of a shooter. I almost wonder if Langborg thought we were only up 3. Otherwise that is such an unwise and unnecessarily risky play and the only way to turn a 100% victory into OT.
 

hdhntr1

All-Conference
Sep 5, 2006
38,588
1,465
113
Totally agree. I could not believe how close Langborg got to the shooter (and it looked like there may have been some contact).

Hopefully that's a teaching moment for Collins to review with the team. If we are up more than 3 with only a couple of seconds left in the game, we should not be within 5 feet of a shooter. I almost wonder if Langborg thought we were only up 3. Otherwise that is such an unwise and unnecessarily risky play and the only way to turn a 100% victory into OT.
Even up three that is a bad play
 

SmellyCat

Junior
May 29, 2001
7,318
380
83
Illinois lost last night when they fouled a three-pointer shooter making a desperation heave, though that was a two-point game so that’s apples and oranges.

I just like saying “Illinois lost.”
 
Last edited:
Wildcat Report

Latest

  1. 01 Wildcat Report Takeaways: Wildcats have plenty to work on past the box score in 45-14 win over Ball State
  2. 02 Wildcat Report Cats roll over Ball State, 45-14, in uninspiring rout
  3. 03 Wildcat Report Fearless Forecast: Ball State vs. Northwestern
  4. 04 On3 NIL Northwestern agrees to 10-year extension on Under Armour deal, will receive increased NIL investment
  5. 05 Wildcat Report Media Day Notebook: Northwestern hungry to rebuild with 11 new players on roster