Notre Dame or A&M..?

57stratdawg

Heisman
Dec 1, 2004
148,711
24,583
113
Who gets in? I think the Irish hang on, but this is probably about as close as the CFB committee has ever had to debate. A&M’s best win is a 3 loss team now, and I don’t even know who I would call their 2nd best win.

I would be fine with them taking both and sitting Ohio State, but that seems like a long shot.
 

HamSammich

Freshman
Nov 9, 2016
910
63
28
ND. Only loss is to Clemson in the championship game. Yes, Trevor Lawrence didn’t play in the loss however Trevor doesn’t play defense. Offense was fine without him.
 

mdm3045

Freshman
Dec 8, 2018
493
74
28
This was the perfect year for the CFP to expand to 8 teams. Take the five power five conf winners, the best group of five team, and two at-large teams.
 

o_dawgnabit

All-American
Oct 13, 2016
4,981
7,954
113
Of these two I would say ND. But what I would actually do is put both in and leave out Ohio State. Ohio State has only played 6 games and has looked bad in most of them. But I don’t think that’s going to happen
 
Last edited:

11thEagleFan

All-Conference
Sep 6, 2015
3,011
1,980
113
Are there people that think Notre Dame doesn’t belong in? They absolutely should be in. Ohio State should not.
 

Sienfield

Redshirt
May 20, 2017
191
0
0
I think Ohio State gets left out this year with only 6 wins and not looking good yesterday.
 

57stratdawg

Heisman
Dec 1, 2004
148,711
24,583
113
If they had Ohio State at #5 last week, I could see them getting jumped. I don’t see them falling out of the top 4 with a win and Big10 championship.
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,542
31,800
113
Notre Dame. Agree that there’s no way the committee leaves Ohio St out and goes with an all SEC-ACC playoff. But maybe they should.
 

Seinfeld

All-American
Nov 30, 2006
11,640
7,901
113
Considering the absurdity of this year, I say throw them into a play-in game next weekend. Why not?
 

Go Budaw

Redshirt
Aug 22, 2012
7,321
0
36
Here comes Bama vs. Clemson part 5. Both teams are gonna win by 4 TD’s in the semis against those two **** teams.
 

tcdog70

Junior
Sep 24, 2012
1,405
268
83
17 Me—why reward a Conference who chose to just play 6 games? They had the same opportunity to play as did the other 3 conferences. 6 games doesn’t deserve to play.
 

boatsandhoes

Junior
Sep 6, 2012
2,151
208
63
aTm because 17 ND and Brian kelly. 34-10 by one of the teams you’d have to play and it wasn’t that close. Osu shouldn’t get in either.

Bama, Clemson, aTm, and one of the minnows to be an example.
 

11thEagleFan

All-Conference
Sep 6, 2015
3,011
1,980
113
Why does aTm get in? They got boat raced by Bama and didn’t look dominant the rest of the year.
 

boatsandhoes

Junior
Sep 6, 2012
2,151
208
63
Um I’m not gonna hide it. I hate notre dame.

So beyond that 8 wins in the sec means a lot more to me than whatever in the ACC. I think Clemson without lawerence is not Clemson at all...so that win means nothing to me . I like the aTm win over flawda, because that’s the only team that was able to run with Bama at all. I think the aTm resume would be a no doubter if they beat ole miss. Good enough for me. I don’t think osu should even be considered given the B1G conference choice not to play until late . 17 em
 

Hugh's Burner Phone

All-American
Aug 3, 2017
5,444
6,390
113
Regular season is pointless. The playoff will always be alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame, and ohio state. Everybody else is just playing for the remaining bowl games.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Baseball "This is Home": 2028 OF Axton Westmoreland commits to Mississippi State
  2. 02 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State MBK Assistants speak on size and length added to 26-27 squad
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "Go make the play": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby on Defense and responding to Alabama game
  4. 04 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State WBK to play exhibition at Choctaw Central HS
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting WR Darion Moseley backs off pledge to Arkansas, has Big Ten and SEC schools on his list