Northwestern 6a/7a

Bob tha Builder

Redshirt
Oct 4, 2025
3
3
3
What are the thoughts on how this conference title chase will play out. It doesn’t seem that any team in the conference has stood out as the team to beat. The only thing I think we can say for sure is that South Caldwell and McDowel will definitely be at the bottom of the standings.
 
  • Like
Reactions: beamer24

kyleheel30

All-American
Sep 4, 2019
3,275
6,554
113
Its a huge week this week.

Freedom plays at Watauga

St Stephen's plays at AC

McDowell plays at South Caldwell

I like Watauga at home by one score, AC by 14, and SC by 1 score
 

beamer24

All-American
Jul 16, 2009
8,516
8,194
113
I like AC if they stay healthy, they dont have the depth to deal with much injury wise. Could see a 3 way tie happening too.
 

Panther97

Sophomore
Nov 18, 2019
108
140
37
It's a conference where all the playoff teams could lose in the first round, just very weak. AC is as good as their RB goes.
 
  • Like
Reactions: beamer24

stizz49

Redshirt
Jul 1, 2025
11
7
3
I still say watauga will win the conference, freedom 2nd, and winner of Ac/saint 3rd. I agree with the guy above. Wouldn’t surprise me if all playoff teams go out in the first round. Ac lost left tackle and guard most likely for the year in the south game
2 weeks ago. O-line is one of the places they have least depth. We will see how it affects them tonight.
 
  • Like
Reactions: beamer24

The Patriot

All-Conference
Mar 2, 2022
1,337
2,228
113
Freedom ahead 41-14 early in the fourth quarter. If the Patriots hold on it will be the first conference loss for Watauga in years, maybe even a decade. Freedom has looked good in all phases of the game tonight, especially defense as they’ve read all the Pioneer misdirection well.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Maiden Creek
Sep 11, 2021
319
518
93
Freedom ahead 41-14 early in the fourth quarter. If the Patriots hold on it will be the first conference loss for Watauga in years, maybe even a decade. Freedom has looked good in all phases of the game tonight, especially defense as they’ve read all the Pioneer misdirection well.
I wouldn't use this game as a measuring stick as to how good Freedom is. Watauga has zero upper classmen. This is a two dog race for the conference, freedom vs AC. If there's a close third its St Stephens.
 

kyleheel30

All-American
Sep 4, 2019
3,275
6,554
113
What a terrible year for McDowell after showing some promise last season. I dont see the coach lasting more than another year or 2 at this rate.
 

The Patriot

All-Conference
Mar 2, 2022
1,337
2,228
113
This was a must win against a conference foe, who hasn’t lost a conference game in almost nine years and is the defending state champion.
Freedom took a whooping against TCR a few weeks ago, but has played well since. I’m happy with how they came back from that loss and I believe I see progress each game.
 

The Patriot

All-Conference
Mar 2, 2022
1,337
2,228
113
I wouldn't use this game as a measuring stick as to how good Freedom is. Watauga has zero upper classmen. This is a two dog race for the conference, freedom vs AC. If there's a close third its St Stephens.
This was a must win against a conference foe, who hasn’t lost a conference game in almost nine years and is the defending state champion.
Freedom took a whooping against TCR a few weeks ago, but has played well since. I’m happy with how they came back from that loss and I believe I see progress each game.
 
NC Preps

Latest

  1. 01 NC Preps Top Games to Watch: Week 7
  2. 02 NC Preps G7 Football Players of the Week: Week 6
  3. 03 High School Football 2028 3-star QB Ethan Esmailian transferring to Leesville Road (N.C.)
  4. 04 NC Preps Games to Watch in Week 6
  5. 05 NC Preps G7 Football Players of the Week: Week 5