Why haven't they released the other 1200 pages of the Wainstein report? Seems that those would be subject to FOIA request since UNC** is a public school. The report was bad enough that I can't even imagine what they're shielding in those other 1200 pages!!! I'd be willing to bet it implicates the nose and/or huckleberry.
FERPA!!!!!!! (picture Folt screaming this wearing a powder blue leisure suit). Although UNC didn't have any problem naming the football player who was ruled academically ineligible a few weeks ago.
But your question is a good one and certainly very valid. I'm not 100% sure on all the details, but I think there are several "pending" FOIA requests from Dan Kane and other media/interested parties that are "tied up" in the courts. And by pending I mean going on for several years and by tied up I mean the UNC graduate dominated local judicial system.
One thing that is "interesting" is that in the treasure trove of emails in the Wainstein report (that have been made public), most are about football, women's b-ball, etc., etc., etc., but there aren't near as many related to men's basketball. I may be incorrect of the timing, but I think it was around the start of the fraudulent AFAM classes that the academic advisor's for basketball (and only basketball) were moved to offices in the basketball facilities. I guess Dean wanted to be closer to what was going on with his players' academics, but not too close it seems. LOL! What this "move" did was to detach the basketball advisor's from the university wide server that stored/routed campus wide emails. Instead they were plugged into an "athletics dept." server, same as basketball staff. Unless I'm mistaken, all of the damning email evidence (Crowder, Boxil, etc.) that has been made public has been from the campus wide server. Maybe Roy never did email Wayne Walden and there's nothing there.......
edited for piss poor grammar!