No blue/white game

Oct 13, 2025
191
271
43
I guess it's been replaced with a third exhibition game. This is something something that is probably already known by a lot of people, but I didn't know it until just now when I looked at the schedule for the first time. Thought I'd post it for anyone else who also didn't already know. Is everyone comfortable with a third exhibition game instead of a blue/white game? Is this preferred?
 
Jul 6, 2025
2,750
7,416
113
I believe we need a re imagining of all basketball activities preseason moving forward.
It's stale and boring.

Agree. It isn't just a UK problem. Cbb nil is insanely out of control and the entire sport is in legit free fall as it relates to fan connection and Interest.

If the sport doesn't fix itself fast, there will be long lasting effects it can never recover from.
 

MegaBlue05

Heisman
Mar 8, 2014
11,175
22,744
66
I prefer a third exhibition. The blue/white game never did anything for me and it was hard to watch on TV because the practice jerseys don’t show the numbers very well and it kind of felt half speed.

And our season last year kind of got derailed at the blue-white game.
 

gbl97

All-American
Mar 12, 2002
3,656
5,568
113
It's like WWF (WWE) in the 80s & early 90s. The weekly show only had good wrestlers vs. no-name guys and you already knew who would win. The only good matches were the quarterly events or the occasional Saturday Night's Main Event. Then I think in the late 90s, the weekly show started having good matches, where belts even changed hands.

College basketball pre-season, go and do likewise.
 

NociHTTP

Heisman
Mar 8, 2023
13,176
20,566
113
Agree. It isn't just a UK problem. Cbb nil is insanely out of control and the entire sport is in legit free fall as it relates to fan connection and Interest.

If the sport doesn't fix itself fast, there will be long lasting effects it can never recover from.
Most here, unfortunately, do not care. As long as they have something to gamble on, and merch to flip, they're good.
 

CELTICAT

Heisman
May 21, 2002
19,399
19,345
113
I get it but it comes on the heels of a summer with no father-son or overnight camps and there’s been no announcement where it can be spun as a strategic reimagining of resources.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Catastic5

HipTer

Senior
Apr 11, 2012
1,153
962
113
I guess it's been replaced with a third exhibition game. This is something something that is probably already known by a lot of people, but I didn't know it until just now when I looked at the schedule for the first time. Thought I'd post it for anyone else who also didn't already know. Is everyone comfortable with a third exhibition game instead of a blue/white game? Is this preferred?
I always really liked the Blue-White game - much more so that BBM. What I liked about it was the opportunity to see all the players getting extended time in a game-type setting. It gave me an opportunity to somewhat gauge new guys who might not get as much run in a regular season game. Still, if I had to chose I’d rather watch a good exhibition matchup.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Skyguyb27

Ukdaddy98

Sophomore
Jan 15, 2026
83
182
33
While the first half of the Cal era was an unreal run of success, it began the slow detachment from fans to the players. New teams every year became the norm for UK long before NIL and transfer portal made it pretty much the reality throughout college basketball. The rest of college hoops took another 10-12 years before it was like UK.

I think herein lies the issue. Nobody connects to teams where guys play 1 year and leave. College basketball is now feeling like many at Uk felt for a long time.

Watching guys grow and develop over 4 years… senior days that were actual senior days… blue-white games were exciting bc you got to see the guy was new and might be a contributor in a year or two. These days are dead and buried… likely for good.

College hoops has lost all connection.

So some things will have to inevitably change to try and keep fan interest.
 
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting 5-star DL Kellan Hall will return to Kentucky this weekend, prized DB Grayden Reid too
  2. 02 KSR Football SEC Availability Report: DJ Miller good to go against No. 10 LSU
  3. 03 KSR Basketball KSR's top takeaways from Mark Pope's Q&A with Lexington Rotary Club
  4. 04 KSR Football Kentucky has been live underdog against top-10 teams
  5. 05 KSR Volleyball Gut Check: No. 4 Kentucky volleyball saddles up after Florida stumble